The promise I will buy more gear-thread

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Because GAS is good! :borg:

How are devs gonna survive if users stop buying gear :help:

Like last year I pledge to spend $1000+ on gear this year as well.

Make your pledges people, the more the better!

Hell yeah :party:

I promise I'll buy some Eurorack stuff, a 0-Coast, new studio furniture and at least some software.

I'm selling some stuff off, but with the furniture too I'm sure I will pass $1000 net anyway. I'll just be a more focused about it than I was in 2015-2016.

I will not buy any synths until I tag all my presets in VIP.
Presets tagged this year: 0 :roll:

However, I promise to buy new PC, new high-res monitor and audio monitors this year. Also, this fancy desk:

Last edited by DJ Warmonger on Thu Jan 19, 2017 6:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Not doing so bad, cleared over £200 (two Amplesound guitars and TX16wx pro) already this year only just over halfway through January. :o. Got a big overtime claim coming in next month.......

I keep promising myself a new 61 key controller kybd, but i cant find one i like... been looking for 3 years :o

I've budgeted $3,600 for music purchases this year, but I'm already off to a bad start.

Refurbished Yamaha DX7-s
KOMA Field Kit
A pair of ISOLATE Pro ear plugs
Some tools needed for microphone repairs
A couple inexpensive Kontakt instruments

And only 19 days into the new year?? Oh no..... :help:

Whatever I spend on music will be on hardware, so yes, more gear and no more plugins.

I promise I will buy an actually-made-for-professionals/content-creators Mac Pro and accompanying Retina display, if Apple ever bothers to deem such a product worthy of their (dwindling?) engineering abilities. I'm afraid they don't have the will, and I'm thinking they've lost the engineering skills to do it. The "can't innovate anymore my ass" 2013 Mac Pro is 3 years rotting and was never complete from day one (but I'd have bought if it had come with a Retina display). I presume Apple executives are stupidly learning the wrong lesson from that ("no one wants trucks anymore").

I might end up grudgingly buying an iMac just to get back to photography.
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

Time to consider a Kami (your choice os)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6gtcNjDt_s
Dell Vostro i9 64GB Ram Windows 11 Pro, Cubase, Bitwig, Mixcraft Guitar Pod Go, Linntrument Nektar P1, Novation Launchpad

My choice OS? From a collection of Windows versions?
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud

I was only going to put DIY stuff in my 9U Euro case, a fair bit of which is already bought (though not all built) but since the case is currently also holding three Mutable modules, Ive pretty much only got about half a row's worth of stuff to decide on.

However Im really tempted by the idea of the 1010music Bitbox.
And a full Ericasynth Polivox, when the new version comes out.

Maybe I need another 9U case.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

whyterabbyt wrote:Maybe I need another 9U case.
Such a slippery slope... :lol:

I plan to put the Eurorack panel on my KOMA Field Kit, but in my current 12U setup, I don't have enough hp left for it. Time to add another 6U case!! :roll: Luckily, I still have plenty of power, so the new case just needs bus bars. How did this get so out of hand??

I've kind of blown my wad pretty heavily already. New MacBook Pro, new rme babyface Pro, new iPhones, Logic Pro x, new backup drives. I'm sure there's stuff I've forgotten.

After more of my underused gear sold this weekend, I ordered a 0-Coast. :D The rest of the proceeds will cover a Qu-Bit EON and Zlob Dual VCA, most likely. (Was going to be the new VCA and either EG or ADSR from 2HP, but the Zlob also has a sum output and the EON is more versatile than 2HP's envelopes.) Then when the Disting Mk4 is available next month, that will complete my first 3U.

So of course I'll be getting an Ikea Rast so I can set up another 6U. :hihi: I don't plan to fill it up too quickly... but then that's what I thought about my 3U.

RichieWitch wrote:
whyterabbyt wrote:Maybe I need another 9U case.
Such a slippery slope... :lol:
Im well down that slope. I bought a Doepfer A100 about 12 years ago (and only realised recently that it was from the same Alan Hall now making AJH modules) and think I'd been settled at 4 x 6U cases, and two rows of Bugbrand frac-rack for about six or so years before getting that 9U case.
my other modular synth is a bugbrand

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”