BitWig 2 BETA initial thoughts....

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I thought I would create a nice clean thread for our thoughts on the 'beta' and first impressions of the actual V2 software (early ALPHA thoughts welcome!) and how you are using the new features. This is not a bug or feature request thread, that can be done through the usual channels...

Beta Bug reports and feature wish list head over to http://www.bitwig.com/en/support/tech-support.html

Please keep this thread free from any comments about the cots or licence model, it would be nice to have at least once thread where we can talk about the software and what it can (and can't) do.
Last edited by SLiC on Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

They wrote somewhere that it depends on the alpha feedback. This probably meant that if there are big issues left to solve, reported by the alpha testers, then this will delay taking in new testers. After each alpha release, some regressions or new issues might arise when things change so it's impossible to know these.

This beint said, I would imagine they want some time for the beta testing phase if the release is going to be 28.2 (was that correct?) There wouldn't be any point releasing the beta just some days before the release because they need time to solve the arising issues. So I would personally guess there's at least 2 weeks reserved for beta. Maybe more. So while still guessing, I would expect the beta in a couple of weeks the latest.

This is all just guesswork.
Composer, animator, video producer and web designer
http://www.juhanalehtiniemi.com

SLiC wrote: Please keep this thread free from any comments about the cots or licence model, it would be nice to have at least once thread where we can talk about the software and what it can (and can't) do.
I can definitely promise not to talk about cots in this thread. :)
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

There's no exact date when we switch from alpha to beta, so don't pin me down on that because NAMM ist just over and not everyone is back yet, but it might happen next week or the week after that. We'll see how it goes.

As always, we will start small, periodically adding more and more people, based on the feedback we get.

The plan is to first add people from the group that applied for beta testing and have a Premiere Badge in their accounts (bought Bitwig Studio within the first week after the release), then the 1.0 Badge holders (bought Bitwig Studio before 1.1) and then adding from the big group of all others who applied.

Thanks to all who applied, by the way, the number of people interested in beta testing it actually blew my mind!

Cheers,
Dom

Thanks for the update, Dom. :)
Bitwig Certified Trainer

dom@bitwig wrote:The plan is to first add people from the group that applied for beta testing and have a Premiere Badge in their accounts (bought Bitwig Studio within the first week after the release), then the 1.0 Badge holders (bought Bitwig Studio before 1.1) and then adding from the big group of all others who applied.
I hope you add some traditional linear arrangement users to the mix...
Last edited by jonljacobi on Wed Jan 25, 2017 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

and non musicians like me.

we are more likely to press / click things that the professionals don't
hence showing up some unusual bugs /problems

cheers
Kev
BWS 5.0.6,Spark LE, V Collection 9.2 BS1 & BS PRO, KS & KS pro keylab 25, Axiom pro 49,Behringer UMC1820,LPP ProFx8 v2 Icon m+, KRK 10/3,win 10 pro,i7 5820k 4ghz ,16G ddr 4 1TB NVMe.M2 msi x99a sli + NV GF Gt710, Matrix Brute Roland TR8S

I want more videos of bitwig 2.0

Coockie1176ln wrote:I want more videos of bitwig 2.0
This.
iMacPro 1,1 | 64gb | OSX 10.15.7
http://www.gesslr.com
http://www.storyaudio.com

Anyone had a Beta Invite yet?
X32 Desk, i9 PC, S49MK2, Studio One, BWS, Live 12. PUSH 3 SA, Osmose, Summit, Pro 3, Prophet8, Syntakt, Digitone, Drumlogue, OP1-F, Eurorack, TD27 Drums, Nord Drum3P, Guitars, Basses, Amps and of course lots of pedals!

SLiC wrote:Anyone had a Beta Invite yet?

Nope, and I'm a Premium Badge holder. I guess the beta won't be too long for general users.

I must say that this is getting disappointing a little bit actually..

If the official release is in around 20 days and let's assume there will be a public beta open for everyone to try ,then this gives us premiere badge holders what? Couple of days or a week ahead of the crowd? Really?

I hope I am wrong.

The official release date can of course slip......but it would be nice to know what's going on, I hate being teased, just give me the Beta!

Yea exactly, the thing is the demo video and the info on bw site are the only info you get. Fair enough for the major changes but again I would like to know more about the workflow changes they made and there is no change log or anything like that anywhere.

Even the guys who tried the beta being alpha testers in the begining are answering some questions here and there and thank you for that! But for sure you still have tons of questions and honestly I don't like to bombard these guys with a thousand and one questions asking about every single detail that has been changed. That's more of of bw team job.

I guess we will have to wait then and a message for the devs pls hurry up with the beta, we can't wait!

I think it is fair to assume that no one is more motivated to get a beta/demo out than the guys at BitWig as I guess there are a lot of potential customers waiting to have a ply before buying V1 to get the free upgrade (or just buy V2). I really good demo video would also answer most of the questions- probably save 1000's of unnecessary post questions!

Return to “Bitwig”