Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise

New things from Unfiltered Audio

shonky
KVRist

225 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby shonky; Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:08 am New things from Unfiltered Audio

Found this article on the Plug-in Alliance site regarding upcoming developments from the Unfiltered Audio team.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news/article/items/unfiltered-audio-developer-story.html

Looks quite interesting...

Early next year, we'll have this really nice spectral transformer called Spec Ops coming out. There are over 30 modes of spectral transformation in it, some of which have never been done before. We're really excited about it, but we want to make sure it's really perfect before we release it. It'll have brickwall filters, pitch inverters, phase reversers, speed controls, and a spectral compressor with around a thousand different compressors running simultaneously on each frequency band. It's a bizarre plugin. We love it!

Preview here:

https://soundcloud.com/the-february-thaw/unfiltered-audio-spec-ops-early-preview

Also mention of another delay VST which sounds good.

We're also working on an instant-delay effect where you can change the delay times without producing any pitch artifacts or clicks. So, you get these instantaneous transitions. It will also have a pitch-shifting delay mode that produces classic shimmer effects, where your audio changes pitch with every echo, and a multitap mode and a glitch shifter that mangles your audio. Furthermore, we've applied our modulation system to it. It's the best delay I've ever used.

Edit: Although after reading the article and noticing it's dated September 2016, that's probably referring to Sandman Pro
masterhiggins
KVRAF

1633 posts since 30 Dec, 2004, from People's Republic of Minnesota

Postby masterhiggins; Thu Jan 26, 2017 1:42 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

shonky wrote:Found this article on the Plug-in Alliance site regarding upcoming developments from the Unfiltered Audio team.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news/article/items/unfiltered-audio-developer-story.html

Early next year, we'll have this really nice spectral transformer called Spec Ops coming out. There are over 30 modes of spectral transformation in it, some of which have never been done before. We're really excited about it, but we want to make sure it's really perfect before we release it. It'll have brickwall filters, pitch inverters, phase reversers, speed controls, and a spectral compressor with around a thousand different compressors running simultaneously on each frequency band. It's a bizarre plugin. We love it!

Preview here:

https://soundcloud.com/the-february-thaw/unfiltered-audio-spec-ops-early-preview

We're also working on an instant-delay effect where you can change the delay times without producing any pitch artifacts or clicks. So, you get these instantaneous transitions. It will also have a pitch-shifting delay mode that produces classic shimmer effects, where your audio changes pitch with every echo, and a multitap mode and a glitch shifter that mangles your audio. Furthermore, we've applied our modulation system to it. It's the best delay I've ever used.

Edit: Although after reading the article and noticing it's dated September 2016, that's probably referring to Sandman Pro

They gotta stop making plugins because I'm going broke here. :)
shroom81
KVRian

510 posts since 26 May, 2008, from Reykjavik, Iceland.

Postby shroom81; Thu Jan 26, 2017 2:19 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

masterhiggins wrote:

Indeed! That thing sure sounds like instabuy to me :party:
"MFreeEffectsBundle (SOLD)"
neverwhere2410
KVRist

73 posts since 22 Dec, 2015

Postby neverwhere2410; Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:53 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Didn't they announce Spec Ops for Reason? I hope it comes to VST... At precisely the moment that I have extra money available. ;)
ariston
KVRAF

3300 posts since 28 Jun, 2009, from Wherever I lay my hat

Postby ariston; Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:57 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Thankfully, they're priced very reasonably (especially if you wait until one of those monthly sales comes around).

Sounds great! Since Spectrumworx is a little crash-prone on my rig, I'm hoping for that exemplary UA quality.
shonky
KVRist

225 posts since 21 Nov, 2005

Postby shonky; Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:05 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

ariston wrote:Thankfully, they're priced very reasonably (especially if you wait until one of those monthly sales comes around).

Sounds great! Since Spectrumworx is a little crash-prone on my rig, I'm hoping for that exemplary UA quality.

They usually do an introductory price if you already own one of their products too, which is jolly decent of them.
Sparky77
KVRian

707 posts since 29 Sep, 2006

Postby Sparky77; Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:16 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

masterhiggins wrote:
shonky wrote:Found this article on the Plug-in Alliance site regarding upcoming developments from the Unfiltered Audio team.

Preview here:

:)
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley
mcbpete
KVRian

677 posts since 24 Jun, 2006, from London, England

Postby mcbpete; Thu Jan 26, 2017 4:37 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Well .... I know what I'll definitely be buying the day it's released ! It's a shame Little Endian appear to have completely abandoned SpectrumWorx in its crash prone state, but hopefully this'll be a nice stable replacement for me :)
Soarer
KVRian

553 posts since 19 Mar, 2004, from Copenhagen

Postby Soarer; Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:53 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Looking much forward to this! Another spectral processing enthusiast here :)
Soarer
KVRian

Postby Soarer; Thu Jan 26, 2017 5:53 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

DP
thecontrolcentre
KVRAF

21026 posts since 27 Jul, 2005, from the wilds of wanny

Postby thecontrolcentre; Thu Jan 26, 2017 6:04 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Bring it on. Cant wait :hyper:
thelizard
KVRian

1049 posts since 6 Jul, 2004

Postby thelizard; Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:09 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Perfect timing! We actually presented SpecOps at a private demo on Monday at Interscope. It went really well! This is the first time that we got to take our plug-ins into a professional studio environment for feedback *before* beta or release. It's given us a lot of great ideas for improving workflow. Currently, we're targeting April or May for public release. There was one interface leak from the demo: https://twitter.com/MikeGonsolin/status ... 44/photo/1

I'll post a new audio demo soon. The one that was posted at the top of this thread was made with a very old version of the DSP (almost a year old!) and the sound quality has improved immensely since then. Like all of our plug-ins since Fault, it will have our modulation system. We've added a step sequencer and other improvements that will make their way to the other plug-ins shortly before the release of SpecOps.

Regarding the instant delay, that's actually Sandman Pro! For those of you in the thread excited about that, SP came out in October and is available with a free demo (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... n_pro.html). To activate that feature, select "Modern Instant" from the Delay Mode menu.
Soarer
KVRian

Postby Soarer; Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:45 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Its a long wait :D -but glad that you have improved it immensely!
It's great that someone is finally making a new spectral processor.

A few feature requests, in case they're not already there: A smooth spectral freezer.
And if you can have the modules process only a part of the frequency spectrum that would be awesome too.
ariston
KVRAF

3300 posts since 28 Jun, 2009, from Wherever I lay my hat

Postby ariston; Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:51 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

A step seq for fault and sandman? Yay!
shroom81
KVRian

510 posts since 26 May, 2008, from Reykjavik, Iceland.

Postby shroom81; Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:59 am Re: New things from Unfiltered Audio

Soarer wrote:Its a long wait :D -but glad that you have improved it immensely!
It's great that someone is finally making a new spectral processor.

A few feature requests, in case they're not already there: A smooth spectral freezer.
And if you can have the modules process only a part of the frequency spectrum that would be awesome too.

I am actually glad it's this long as then I can actually buy it on release :D
Oh yes step sequencers for everything! whee :party:
"MFreeEffectsBundle (SOLD)"
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects