New things from Unfiltered Audio

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic

Found this article on the Plug-in Alliance site regarding upcoming developments from the Unfiltered Audio team.

https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/news ... story.html

Looks quite interesting...

Early next year, we'll have this really nice spectral transformer called Spec Ops coming out. There are over 30 modes of spectral transformation in it, some of which have never been done before. We're really excited about it, but we want to make sure it's really perfect before we release it. It'll have brickwall filters, pitch inverters, phase reversers, speed controls, and a spectral compressor with around a thousand different compressors running simultaneously on each frequency band. It's a bizarre plugin. We love it!

Preview here:

https://soundcloud.com/the-february-tha ... ly-preview

Also mention of another delay VST which sounds good.

We're also working on an instant-delay effect where you can change the delay times without producing any pitch artifacts or clicks. So, you get these instantaneous transitions. It will also have a pitch-shifting delay mode that produces classic shimmer effects, where your audio changes pitch with every echo, and a multitap mode and a glitch shifter that mangles your audio. Furthermore, we've applied our modulation system to it. It's the best delay I've ever used.

Edit: Although after reading the article and noticing it's dated September 2016, that's probably referring to Sandman Pro

shonky wrote:Found this article on the Plug-in Alliance site regarding upcoming developments from the Unfiltered Audio team.

Early next year, we'll have this really nice spectral transformer called Spec Ops coming out. There are over 30 modes of spectral transformation in it, some of which have never been done before. We're really excited about it, but we want to make sure it's really perfect before we release it. It'll have brickwall filters, pitch inverters, phase reversers, speed controls, and a spectral compressor with around a thousand different compressors running simultaneously on each frequency band. It's a bizarre plugin. We love it!

Preview here:

We're also working on an instant-delay effect where you can change the delay times without producing any pitch artifacts or clicks. So, you get these instantaneous transitions. It will also have a pitch-shifting delay mode that produces classic shimmer effects, where your audio changes pitch with every echo, and a multitap mode and a glitch shifter that mangles your audio. Furthermore, we've applied our modulation system to it. It's the best delay I've ever used.

Edit: Although after reading the article and noticing it's dated September 2016, that's probably referring to Sandman Pro
They gotta stop making plugins because I'm going broke here. :)

masterhiggins wrote:
Indeed! That thing sure sounds like instabuy to me :party:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Didn't they announce Spec Ops for Reason? I hope it comes to VST... At precisely the moment that I have extra money available. ;)

Thankfully, they're priced very reasonably (especially if you wait until one of those monthly sales comes around).

Sounds great! Since Spectrumworx is a little crash-prone on my rig, I'm hoping for that exemplary UA quality.

ariston wrote:Thankfully, they're priced very reasonably (especially if you wait until one of those monthly sales comes around).

Sounds great! Since Spectrumworx is a little crash-prone on my rig, I'm hoping for that exemplary UA quality.
They usually do an introductory price if you already own one of their products too, which is jolly decent of them.

masterhiggins wrote:
shonky wrote:Found this article on the Plug-in Alliance site regarding upcoming developments from the Unfiltered Audio team.

Preview here:

:)
--After silence, that which comes nearest to expressing the inexpressible is music.

-Aldous Huxley

Well .... I know what I'll definitely be buying the day it's released ! It's a shame Little Endian appear to have completely abandoned SpectrumWorx in its crash prone state, but hopefully this'll be a nice stable replacement for me :)

Looking much forward to this! Another spectral processing enthusiast here :)

DP

Bring it on. Cant wait :hyper:

Perfect timing! We actually presented SpecOps at a private demo on Monday at Interscope. It went really well! This is the first time that we got to take our plug-ins into a professional studio environment for feedback *before* beta or release. It's given us a lot of great ideas for improving workflow. Currently, we're targeting April or May for public release. There was one interface leak from the demo: https://twitter.com/MikeGonsolin/status ... 44/photo/1

I'll post a new audio demo soon. The one that was posted at the top of this thread was made with a very old version of the DSP (almost a year old!) and the sound quality has improved immensely since then. Like all of our plug-ins since Fault, it will have our modulation system. We've added a step sequencer and other improvements that will make their way to the other plug-ins shortly before the release of SpecOps.

Regarding the instant delay, that's actually Sandman Pro! For those of you in the thread excited about that, SP came out in October and is available with a free demo (https://www.plugin-alliance.com/en/prod ... n_pro.html). To activate that feature, select "Modern Instant" from the Delay Mode menu.

Its a long wait :D -but glad that you have improved it immensely!
It's great that someone is finally making a new spectral processor.

A few feature requests, in case they're not already there: A smooth spectral freezer.
And if you can have the modules process only a part of the frequency spectrum that would be awesome too.

A step seq for fault and sandman? Yay!

Soarer wrote:Its a long wait :D -but glad that you have improved it immensely!
It's great that someone is finally making a new spectral processor.

A few feature requests, in case they're not already there: A smooth spectral freezer.
And if you can have the modules process only a part of the frequency spectrum that would be awesome too.
I am actually glad it's this long as then I can actually buy it on release :D
Oh yes step sequencers for everything! whee :party:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

Return to “Effects”