Waking The Daydream

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whoop those voices sounds nice!

it does seem to miss a melody section, like it's somehow a bit of a backing track!
pretty good backing track though :)

Don't mention the 'tron! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.

Nice production. I like the vocals. I would have liked more development in the drums during the first section, but I didn't feel there was a melody missing.

seismic1 wrote:Don't mention the 'tron! I mentioned it once, but I think I got away with it all right.
Hi, Basil!

thecontrolcentre wrote:Nice production. I like the vocals. I would have liked more development in the drums during the first section, but I didn't feel there was a melody missing.
I was criticized recently for making the drums too busy. :dog: I can't win! :D
The main solo voice is EastWest's Bulgarian singer in the Voices Of Passion set. I'm in danger of using it too much, I like it so much.
Along with the 'trons!

Just a little variation is what I mean. Some ghost notes, so to speak. Just to build toward the second part ...

thecontrolcentre wrote:Just a little variation is what I mean. Some ghost notes, so to speak. Just to build toward the second part ...
I understand, I was smiling when I wrote that response. Sometimes less really is less! :tu:

This was an interesting track.
I liked the whole track excluding some parts of course.
- Didn't go for the drum part in the 1st half.
- Don't like how you do the heavy (Genesis like) bass pedal sustain and hard on the pads section. Too over the top for me.

Good track. Liked the prog-rock approach. Sounded good as always, although i'm just here on my little PC speakers I didnt get the full experience. :D
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:This was an interesting track.
I liked the whole track excluding some parts of course.
- Didn't go for the drum part in the 1st half.
- Don't like how you do the heavy (Genesis like) bass pedal sustain and hard on the pads section. Too over the top for me.

Good track. Liked the prog-rock approach. Sounded good as always, although i'm just here on my little PC speakers I didnt get the full experience. :D
1)
Will try harder with drum parts!
2)
...heavy (Genesis like) bass pedal sustain and hard on the pads section...
My trademark! I'll look for a more, um, laidback trademark! :D

Thanks for all the comments, guys. Will try and take them on board. :tu:

You may prefer my latest effort (plug, plug)...
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 4&t=478654

I want to make this clear...when I comment on someones track, it's an individual perspective and I don't say what I don't care for, asking you to change it.
I'm also not looking for wise ass replies.
I did say it was interesting and I liked the whole track except...but you only notice what I didn't care for. Maybe that's something you might want to change.

As for your newest track, I didn't like it, and it's not ambient. If anything, it's new age.
Sorry i'm acting like a dick. I just woke up, maybe that's it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

annode wrote:I want to make this clear...when I comment on someones track, it's an individual perspective and I don't say what I don't care for, asking you to change it.
I'm also not looking for wise ass replies.
I did say it was interesting and I liked the whole track except...but you only notice what I didn't care for. Maybe that's something you might want to change.

As for your newest track, I didn't like it, and it's not ambient. If anything, it's new age.
Sorry i'm acting like a dick. I just woke up, maybe that's it.
On my behalf, I see your point, and agree.
I mean, in a nutshell, the production of the track is OK, but the song and arrangement is rather boring, even for the ambient (?) - as a friendly joke, the "n" was missing of the "waking"... :hihi:

Harry_HH wrote:... as a friendly joke, the "n" was missing of the "waking"... :hihi:
:lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”