What's everyone's favorite VST for Trance ?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If You can only have 5 vst for, what would they be ?

I do have 5 VSTs for trance and that's not "only", but already too many.

Sylenth1, Dune 2, Serum, LuSH-101, Hybrid 3 are my workhorse synths. Usually pick only one of these for a track.

For instance this was done 90% on Hybrid 3, but also is the only track where I used Hybrid so far.

https://soundcloud.com/djwarmonger/andy ... ger-remix2
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

If you have no synthesis talent and if you want to sound like all others, than go with Nexus. If you want to creat your own signature sound, than Spire, Avenger, Rapid, Predator 2 and some oldies like Sylenth and Massive! Good luck!

For trance I'd choose:

1. DUNE 2;
2. Hive;
3. SynthMaster;
4. Sylenth1;
5. Spire.

When I was making normal (non-psy) trance I mainly used Sylenth, Spire and Massive. Also everybody loves Serum, there are some great trance preset packs for it. I'd also suggest to check out Rapid it is really good at trance sounds like supersaws, basses and stuff.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

These days it is easier to ask what synth NOT to use for a particular genre.

You don't need 5 synths for trance.

tehlord wrote:You don't need 5 synths for trance.
What do you need 5 synths for anyway? Probably only some conceptual avantgarde electro no one wants to listen anyway.
Most of music is relatively simple and no one cares what synths or techniques were used to create it.
Blog ------------- YouTube channel
Tricky-Loops wrote: (...)someone like Armin van Buuren who claims to make a track in half an hour and all his songs sound somewhat boring(...)

Sylenth1 otherwise it's just conceptual avantgarbage.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Yep, you only need one synth. A Virus Ti Snow. ;)

But if it must be a VSTi, then Spire, Rapid, or Viper would be excellent choices.

Now head over to the Effects subforum, and ask about trance reverb VSTs, as that's the most important element in that genre.

izonin wrote:Yep, you only need one synth. A Virus Ti Snow. ;)
That's for sure. But in the ITB land one needs few differtent synths to cover all the bases.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

DJ Warmonger wrote:I do have 5 VSTs for trance and that's not "only", but already too many.

Sylenth1, Dune 2, Serum, LuSH-101, Hybrid 3 are my workhorse synths.

Seems like that's what everyone is using now. Not just for trance.

My personal top 5 for Trance. YMMV

Dune 2
Synthmaster
Serum
Icarus
Avenger

I notice you didn't say 5 VSTs for one track. :)

Mine are currently, in order: Dune 2, Serum, Hive, Sylenth1, Synthmaster 2. But Serum is rapidly moving to the no. 1 slot, and Synthmaster 2 might be replaced by Synthmaster One. The reason for five, IMO? I can get different sounds out of each.

Edit: Oh, and I've also got my eye on Ana 2, or whatever it's going to be called. ANA was my first paid-for synth and it's good to see an update.

izonin wrote:Now head over to the Effects subforum, and ask about trance reverb VSTs, as that's the most important element in that genre.
Log story short: which one? Or rather, which five? :hihi:

Return to “Instruments”