Black Rooster Audio releases FREE AMP PLUG-IN Cypress TT-15

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Black Rooster Audio is proud to present the Cypress TT-15, our guitar amp head emulation meticulously modeled after a very versatile, yet uniquely sounding low wattage amplifier the Black Rooster Audio Cypress TT-15 comes to you at an unbeatable price point: IT'S FREE! With its no-nonsense approach and only six intuitive controls, the Cypress TT-15 will help to get the job done right away, no matter if you‘re looking for clean through crunchy guitar tones or if you want to achieve biting, distorted lead sounds. We also included a simple 2x12 cabinet simulation that can be bypassed if you prefer other solutions or if you‘re feeding into an external power amp/cabinet stage. Available in VST, AU & AAX.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.

FEATURES

AUTHENTIC CIRCUIT EMULATION
Our real time SPICE type component based circuit simulation approach allows to authentically capture the sound and feel of the analog counterpart in all nuances. Every crucial part of the head, including pre- and power amp tube stages, the tone filter and the output transformer have been faithfully modeled and matched.

SSE2 OPTIMIZED CODE
DSP operations are pipelined using the SSE2 instruction set. This ensures highest possible performance operation despite very complex computations.

AUTO-ADJUSTED OVERSAMPLING FOR MAXIMUM AUDIO TRANSPARENCY
Aliasing artifacts are efficiently attenuated using a low latency linear phase Dolph-Chebyshev poly-phase design. The oversampling is auto-adjusted to your session‘s sample rate to save valuable CPU power while offering the most transparent sound possible.

HIGHDPI / RETINA SUPPORT
All our plug-Ins support high pixel density on Mac OSX and Windows to bring you the most enjoyable user experience on high DPI displays. Please refer to your manual to find whether your DAW is HighDPI capable if you‘re working on Windows.

ABOUT BLACK ROOSTER AUDIO

We're an avid audio software company from Germany that brings you premium quality DAW plug-ins. Our processors can be used in the most popular host applications such as Steinberg Cubase, Apple Logic, Ableton Live and many others. We put all our dexterity into contriving and creating the most state-of-the-art software. We want to support you in your everyday recording, mixing or mastering process and provide you with highly creative, inspiring and great sounding tools.

Please check Black Rooster Audio for further information.
Black Rooster Audio
https://blackroosteraudio.com
Wuppertal, Germany

This is a seriously generous free plugin. Very surprised there are no comments on this yet. It sounds awesome!
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

maybe because its c/r ?
I don't bother downloading it even for free.
I had it in the past that half of my former mixes were destroyed because a company did not issue new response codes. I don't have to have that again.

Sorry, will not create an account just for downloading.

Chris-S wrote:Sorry, will not create an account just for downloading.
Oh, you would have created an account to get a plug-in for free and you would have supported a new company and you would have provided statistical information that would have helped to make even better plug-ins that fulfill the wishes of many users. Not necessarily fair - but ok. Thanks for your interest.
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

Does the plug-in send usage info? That's as bad as making it C/R.

IMHO Creating an account and filling in a survey is fine for a freebie. The dev gets useful info and the user gets to know the dev's work. Adding hassles like C/R etc. just makes it easy for me to avoid the dev.
I miss MindPrint. My TRIO needs a big brother.

it took me around 3 minutes to register. Not a big deal.
nc-rec.com

Chris-S wrote:Sorry, will not create an account just for downloading.
Well, it seems to be a business model of most companies nowadays, so I am not complaining. BRA has a plugin pack installer containing both their free and paid plugins, so you have a chance to test their excellent LA-2A & 3A emulations.
I am one of the beta testers and all I can say that there will be more freebies, can't tell what the next one is, sorry :)

Just accept this as a way of helping a new company trying to make a name for themselves. These guys are fantastic and make high quality products and I think a little hassle is well worth the excellent FREE product TT-15 is.

Cheers,
Lesha
It's easy if you know how

khanyz wrote:Does the plug-in send usage info? That's as bad as making it C/R.
There's no spying at all. No usage data will be sent!
Black Rooster Audio
Wuppertal, Germany

Great sounding guitar amp, many thanks!

I had already bought the compressors VLA2A and VLA3A, both excellent!

Black Rooster is making great stuff

Quite a generous gift, and the amp sounds very alive and responsive.

Did they model a tube-amplifier or a distortion-pedal? :lol:

Which real (and fully working) amplifier would ever distort so quickly?

Especially tube amps do not normally distort nearly so easily :?
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Sounds great, feels great. Yes, it distorts far too quickly, but that's what knobs (and compressors) are for. (Reminds me of Studio Devil's BVC in that regard.) Thanks, and thumbs up!
Wait... loot _then_ burn? D'oh!

Sounds great, and the distortion is sweet too.

For anyone who doesn't want to spend a couple of minutes registering to get this plugin... your loss!
A bit fried in the higher freqs

Used in a track already - for obvious distortion it's super nice and nailed the sound I was looking for pretty much immediately.

I agree with jens that it would be more versatile if it broke up a little less quickly (I've tried to use it more subtly on other elements but I'm struggling), but can hardly complain for a freebie!

Will definitely give the compressors a try at some point.

Return to “Effects”