Ariston - Tyger

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Long time, no inspiration. I had accumulated approx. 20 unfinished tracks/sketches over the past year, all of which felt useless and uninspired. Recently, Mike Oldfield released Return to Ommadawn, and while it's "just" a pleasant listen to me, it reminded me of why and when I started writing and recording music in the first place. When Amarok came out, it just blew my mind. And inspired me to give it a real go. I'd forgotten about that, and just recently remembered. So, here's to Mike:

http://soundcloud.com/ariston/tyger

Long time, long track. :D

Good and creative way to use unfinished tracks. Listening to it I really couldn't tell if it was a mix or a single song lol.

Thanks for listening in! Actually, the unfinished tracks will probably never see the light of day... this track was made in the space of one week, along with its slightly longer sibling, "Spyder", which I might post somewhere soon. It's all new.

Some of the transitions on here were very interesting, and the overall "shape" of the piece definitely has the Oldfield watermark, as did some of the individual sections. A lot of this sounds more "approachable" from a melodic perspective than some of your earlier pieces (e.g.; your dinosaur series from 4 years ago). It's always a great feeling to complete a new track after a dry period. I enjoyed it.

Good work :)

Thanks for listening and your thoughtful comments! You're right, it's a fantastic feeling. I was almost ready to sell all my stuff, because I thought that this part of my life was clearly over. Thankfully, I didn't.

Return to “Music Cafe”