Spring Break

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

what do you guys think?

https://soundcloud.com/jessegorter/jess ... ring-break

and what name should i give it? :D
Last edited by Jesse Gorter on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lovely melodies Jesse. Spring Break is good.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Nice relaxing tune, Jesse. It has a pleasant groove and some nice melodic lines. And I think Spring Break actually works quite well as a title. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the lyrics being indistinct in the manner they are here, though. I kind of like it, but part of my brain really wants to know what the words are.

Allomerus wrote:Lovely melodies Jesse. Spring Break is good.
Well done!
:)
Thanks!

doing vocals is fun!

davidstiles wrote:Nice relaxing tune, Jesse. It has a pleasant groove and some nice melodic lines. And I think Spring Break actually works quite well as a title. I'm not 100% sure how I feel about the lyrics being indistinct in the manner they are here, though. I kind of like it, but part of my brain really wants to know what the words are.
you cannot hear them?

they are kinda cheesy.
Last edited by Jesse Gorter on Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jesse Gorter wrote:
doing vocals is fun!
Are you mental? :lol:

Turn them up again! As a very, very rough rule of thumb my experience has been that the vocal track in your mixer generally will be about the same peak level as a combined mix of everything else. I know someone will come in now and say, 'oooh you can't mix like that..'. I'm not suggesting for a moment you should, but it will give you a rough idea to get started.

donkey tugger wrote:
Jesse Gorter wrote:
doing vocals is fun!
Are you mental? :lol:

Turn them up again! As a very, very rough rule of thumb my experience has been that the vocal track in your mixer generally will be about the same peak level as a combined mix of everything else. I know someone will come in now and say, 'oooh you can't mix like that..'. I'm not suggesting for a moment you should, but it will give you a rough idea to get started.
Even if the vocal line is more like a sample? It's so vocoded, didn't think it had to be super loud :P

good song, good groove. try less verb on the piano and vocals. louder vocals and more mids and highs to them. all else sounds great :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

nice tune and ambience. vocals are too quiet, otherwise good mix

layzer wrote:good song, good groove. try less verb on the piano and vocals. louder vocals and more mids and highs to them. all else sounds great :tu:
Thanks!

less reverb? haha, It's something i have to do a lot xD

This is a very pleasant song, Jesse. You have put together some strong melodies on here, and the overall sound is quite powerful. I agree that the vocals ought to be a little higher in volume, and cutting back on the reverb might help their clarity a little. Changing "become" to "be" and losing the "so" might help the simplify the sound of the vocal by reducing the number of syllables if you decide to retain the reverb, but I'm no lyricist and neither is my wife.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:This is a very pleasant song, Jesse. You have put together some strong melodies on here, and the overall sound is quite powerful. I agree that the vocals ought to be a little higher in volume, and cutting back on the reverb might help their clarity a little. Changing "become" to "be" and losing the "so" might help the simplify the sound of the vocal by reducing the number of syllables if you decide to retain the reverb, but I'm no lyricist and neither is my wife.

Good work :)
thanks!

do you think this is something they could play in a club? Or too soft?

Jesse Gorter wrote: do you think this is something they could play in a club? Or too soft?
That's hard to say. I've been barred from most of the clubs in my area :wink:

The percussion has quite a "hard", almost dubstep-friendly quality. you might want to add some wubz or something similar into the less dense sections to maintain the energy level of the rest of the piece.

seismic1 wrote:
Jesse Gorter wrote: do you think this is something they could play in a club? Or too soft?
That's hard to say. I've been barred from most of the clubs in my area :wink:

The percussion has quite a "hard", almost dubstep-friendly quality. you might want to add some wubz or something similar into the less dense sections to maintain the energy level of the rest of the piece.
what did you do? ! :D

Return to “Music Cafe”