It Is Getting Dark Again

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trying out some new recording methods. A lot of live instruments in this one. Used and ADK Z67 and AEA N8 Active Ribbon mic into the UAD Apollo for the electric and acoustic guitar tracks. Used the Prophet 6 for one of the pad layers. The rest was Uhe Diva. Working on combining mic recordings with tracks from software synths, etc. A dark song to reflect mood.

https://soundcloud.com/wavepackets/its- ... dark-again
Gone synthing! :phones:

I seriously like this - effective low key atmosphere that pulls you in from the very start.

It ebbs and flows effectively - love the injection of full drums and heavy electric guitar.

Also thought the sudden switch from minor to relative major key centre was ideal for this style of music.

To my ears, it doesn't yet sound complete though...

1) It's crying out for vocals!!!

2) The intro is quite long (first 50+secs) and maybe needs to rise and develop a little more?

Thanks ChamMusic! I think you are correct about it not being complete. I'm still not sure what it needs...Vocals would be cool, but not my talent. Maybe I will see if someone can collaborate with vocals. Thanks for the input on the intro too.

This is great! Fabulous moods.
The intro didn't drag for me, it just seemed like the sort of relaxed vibe Floyd would do...
Lots to like about it...
Variation, changes of intensity and lovely playing. The eerie synths are great.

Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Allomerus - Thank you for the comment and feedback.

Started in a kind of Vangelis way in the Intro, then came out in a Floyd mood (good catch Allomerus :tu:). At the beginning I wasn't thinking of vocals, but when the drums entered, I agreed trhat some vocals could rise from that vibe. Anyway, I liked yout track a lot. Congrats :tu:
Fernando (FMR)

fmr - Many thanks! I'm thinking and sketching some ideas on the vocals ;)

Return to “Music Cafe”