Sounds of prests, the spectum - UVI Falcon and Vengeance Avenger.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi. I want to get your opinions about UVI Falcon and Vengeance Avenger.

I make a short songs in my free time for a hobby - most of them are copy songs because I'm not so talented. Whenever I try to copy a certain song, I have to browse presets of Nexus, Massive, FM8, ... But it's difficult to find to similar tone preset by browsing.

So I want to learn more about sound design so I can make similar tone by me. Supersaw, Unison, FM, Filter with resonance, Noise oscillator, Feedback, Distortion, FX sound by delay or reverb, Sweep by legato, ... you may know many things.

I think that obtaining a flexbile synth is good for me which has a wide sonic spectrum. I have Massive, FM8, .. Those are great in my experiences. But Unison per oscillator would be great or essential for better sound design.

In my mind, there are UVI Falcon and Vengeance Avenger. As I am a Nexus user, I have no doubt that Avenger would has best EDM, trance kinds of presets. At this moment I am downloading the demo.. But I can't find Falcon demo. When I listen UVI audio demos, I tend to think that UVI normally focuses on vintage synth sounds.

So, I am saying about presets, not about its possibilities of the synths. I can learn sound desing from the presets naturally. So the spectum of the synth is important in my opinion.

First off, if you want to learn sound design, I would start with a more simple synth. Falcon does not have a demo and is one of the more complex synths. The default patch (if you can call it that) is blank. It makes no sound at all because there is nothing in it.

While Avenger is far from "simple" it is so nicely laid out that it actually won't take you long to pick up and can pretty much do all the things you're looking to do.

But if you really want to learn synthesis, get something like Syntorial.

My 2 cents for whatever they're worth.

If you are just starting out with soudn design, I suggest you to get into something less complex than Avenger or Falcon.

Take a look at Spire, it does everything for this list
JongHo wrote: Supersaw, Unison, FM, Filter with resonance, Noise oscillator, Feedback, Distortion, FX sound by delay or reverb, Sweep by legato.
has nice clean interface and great sound and comes with many EDM and trance-type presets which you can reverse-engineer.
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

According to what you'r asking for, the "Syntorial + Avenger" route seems pretty accurate.
Counting Wags, that would mean sort of a 4 cents...

<delete>
Last edited by egbert101 on Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
<List your stupid gear here>

FM8 tutorial?
s a v e
y o u r
f l o w

Thank you for your opinions. I appreciate your suggestions.

Even though I am a preset seeker normally, I have read manuals of synths continuously and tested synths, so I know some basic knowledges of synthesis to some extent.

As you said, I can learn many actual sound design from my existing synths. I think that I need to try to understand the sounds of existing synths. But many of you will agree.. new powerful synths are very attracting. ^^;

JongHo wrote:...But many of you will agree.. new powerful synths are very attracting. ^^;
Couldn't argue about it :ud:

JongHo wrote:But many of you will agree.. new powerful synths are very attracting. ^^;
:D :D :D

I tried the Avenger demo during the holiday sale and decided to buy it. It has become my favorite synth. I usually prefer to use presets without tweaking it, but with Avenger, for the first time I like to experiment. I love to be able to have a drum sequencer inside the program to combine with the other sounds. It has a lot of potential and a lot of updates have been released since the beginning of the year.

My opinion: Go buy it, you won't regret it!

Return to “Instruments”