42%
Is a step backwards
12%
Some stuff got better and some got worse
46%

Total votes: 116

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Imo the new 2.0 interface is a step backwards.
- No master meter in the transport
- Waste of space (top bar with the dasboard button, everything got bigger)
- Snap actions aren't visible anymore
- With the old inspector everything was right there, now stuff is splited between the inspector and the new menus.
- It's more touch-friendly. But what about people that don't use (ad perhaps don't care about) touch?

Please vote and discuss.

Cheers!

I don't know how to say it but it feels like the contrast are harder for the eyes on version 2.

I'm sure the new version create more fatigue on the eyes after few hours.

Thank you for voting guys. It would be nice if you motivate your vote.
Thanks!

Slots for modulators is a huge improvement.
Buttons don´t need to show all the time, inspector now only shows iformation that can be interacted with.
Context menu is actually good for mouse users, less travel.

Yeah the top bar.. guess it makes sense to move the tabs out of the menu/button bar. But vertical space is so valuable...

Still a huge improvement overall (yes i use touch 8) )

In general, it is good, but two things bother me alot compared to Bitwig 1 and I feel that it went backwards:

1. Many of the interface menus are designed for touch interfaces that only a minority of users have. Would be interesting to know the actual numbers of how many has a Microsoft touch device that supports this. There should be two separate GUI modes, the default for using mouse and a secondary mode for tablets.

2. Many great stuff in Inspector got moved to the new upper menus with large icons that show cryptic symbols instead of clear text and makes it more difficult to use. The fun and quick to use buttons of Bitwig 1 Inspector, such as "Reverse", "Octave +/-", "Resize 50 %", "Resize 200 % etc., and Quantize functions moved to the new upper menus. The new way makes you learn the shortcut keys instead. I want the buttons back in the Inspector. No harm, if they are in the upper menu too, for touch interfaces, but keep them in the inspector.
AMD Ryzen 1700X @ 3750 MHz, 16 GB ram, RME Raydat, Win 10 Pro, Bitwig Studio 2.0
F5D @ Soundcloud: MFB Dominion 1 - Chariots, Prophet 12 Canada (BOC), DSI Prophet 12, DSI Prophet '08

I agree with the comments about the inspector. It was nice to have everything in one place.

Then I also miss the orange coloured buttons.

Jolaff wrote:I don't know how to say it but it feels like the contrast are harder for the eyes on version 2.

I'm sure the new version create more fatigue on the eyes after few hours.

This!!! The black is too black in it. Bitwig 1 is softer

Fully agree with F5DX.

And my personal 2 cents here: Overall i like 2.0 UI much more than v1.x. Like new flat style and how colors were changed a little bit. But what don't like about a whole design in Bitwig - still not pixel perfect stuff in every version. It's looks unprofessional. Hope that in final 2.0 everything will be perfect. #fingersarecrossed

UPDATED:

Forget one thing - font size in MIX mode in Sends section and devices names in the Inspector should be bigger. And next thing that i still can't understand after 3 years of development: Why we still can't resize tracks width in MIX mode? :dog:
Last edited by Andrei Marchenko on Wed Feb 22, 2017 12:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The font on the devices in the inspector is too small. In v. 1 the font was better there. Also, the contrast was perhaps more pleasant.
All in all I think the GUI in v.2 is better then v.1. With some tweaks it could be excellent.

Prefered the old buttons. New ones are too big and "glossy" (bordering on WinXP territory), I think.
Last edited by loungepanda on Wed Feb 22, 2017 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

loungepanda wrote:Horizontal zoom removed.
Hm.. I can Zoom In/Out.

I miss the muted contrast of v1. It was easy on the eyes. I also miss the reduction in orange highlights.

Jolaff wrote:I don't know how to say it but it feels like the contrast are harder for the eyes on version 2.
+1 I prefer the softer look on the old version. Also Im not a fan of the new big buttons but I understand they changed that for touch support.
http://Freshby6.com
Bitwig since 1.0

Andrey Marchenko wrote:
loungepanda wrote:Horizontal zoom removed.
Hm.. I can Zoom In/Out.
I stand corrected. Seems they changed the ctrl+zoom modifier, so I guess that's why.

T71 wrote:I miss the muted contrast of v1. It was easy on the eyes. I also miss the reduction in orange highlights.
Ha-ha :) We are so different people. I hate contrast in many ways but in 2.0 it's very gentle for my eyes :borg:

Return to “Bitwig”