Sidechain issue with Melda+metaplugin

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The sidechaining (mmorph, mspectraldynamics et c) does not work in DDMF metaplugin. For VST3 versions, metaplugin doesn't see the sidechain inputs, and for VST2 plugins the signal is just silent.

Other plugins do work in metaplugin. And sidechaining with Melda seems to work in other hosts..

So is this an issue with Melda or with metaplugin?

Well, to me it looks pretty obvious that the problem is in DDMF, simply not understanding the inputs. They probably just don't route the inputs properly. Probably don't understand the surround capabilities. Please let them know, this shouldn't be too hard to fix for them.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

The DDFM developer seems to say it's a probelm with Melda.

"I don't think the inputs can be misunderstood (Metaplugin shows them correctly), and it doesn't matter whether surround is switched on or off. It also works in AU format, but not in VST. There's definitely sound going into the sidechain channels when you connect them, but for some reason the plugin decides not to use it. That's all I can say..."

So, basically I can't sidechain in my host and noone will try to fix it. Tough luck ;)

Just leaving this here for reference. Wether its Melda's fault or DDFM, they don't seem fully compatible.

It also was told in the related chat discussion that_any_ other vst 2 sidechain / input 3+4 plugin works normally in ddmf thing, just not melda plug-ins. So obviously it seem to be a melda's problem. Maybe because it reports to the host as a surround capable plug in? Please fix it. Or please help the ddmf guys with some useful info, what differs melda plug-ins from others...

I'll check it out myself, we'll see.
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

Please note it seems to be an issue with the newest (or recent) version of DDMF + Melda. Reports say that older version(s) of DDMF are compatible with Melda.

I checked and it's one of the grey areas of the good old ancient VST2 :). I think they should fix it, wrote them, here's the message, just in case they wouldn't get it.

Hey guys, following the problem of metaplugin not accessing sidechain of our plugins (MeldaProduction). I checked and you call setSpeakerArrangement with number of channels 2. Well, let's face it, nobody really knows how Steinberg meant this, they probably didn't mean it anyhow, since they just didn't count of existence of sidechains :). Anyways I checked most major hosts and it turns out, most of them don't call this at all, except for one - Studio one, which calls it with 4 input channels (2 for main input, 2 for sidechain), so we are going to stick with that. So please change it to "number of inputs per bus * number of buses", so we can finall work together :).
Vojtech

Thank you so much for looking into it!

I'm praying it will be sorted out.

PS. Maybe it's still a bit weird that sidechains don't show up at all when loading VST3 versions of mspectraldynamics/mmorph.

Nice info, thank you for the efforts.

I don't get the coding part but I hope their "fix" (if they do it at all since it works with every other plugin) won't break compatibility to all the other plugins... I recently bought it and this would be a shame :neutral:

I just got an Email about an update to Metaplugin that specifically mentioned this in their changeling, so it looks like it has been fixed.

Return to “MeldaProduction”