Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Ample Sound
KVRian

668 posts since 27 Jun, 2012

Postby Ample Sound; Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:12 am Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Ample Sound has released free version 2.5 updates for all six of its virtual bass instruments.
The updates include a new module, Riffer, a riff generator featuring MIDI edit of stringed instruments, multiple formats conversion, automatic riff creation, etc. The initial update includes 500 classic riffs.

String Roll – Original notation of stringed instrument
Riffer uses the notation invented by Ample Sound – String Roll. Traditional tab can only write quantized MIDI. It only records fingering without directly showing important information such as pitch, velocity and so on. While a Piano Roll can show MIDI in good detail, it cannot avoid using keyswitches and MIDI controller for fingering, articulation, expression of stringed instruments, resulting in messy notation.
String Roll preserves the composing details of MIDI while it can clearly show fingering, articulation, expression, and even noise in string performances. Every note has 8 attributes - pitch, velocity, length, off velocity, articulation, legato, vibrato and bend, with which the user can make a delicate lick.

As shown in the image, these 4 lines represent 4 bass strings. Text on the notes represents pitch, Color represents velocity, and length represents duration. Four independent attributes - articulation, legato, vibrato, bend - are shown as icons above. Additionally, any noise including fret buzz, finger slapping or any other special performing skills could be written on the FX-line, which is below the 4 bass strings.

Information shown on the notes can be switched to various parameters such as pitch, fret, pitch + fret, velocity, duration, off velocity.

The user can easily use the graphic curve above to create a bend. Pitch wheel messages generated can also be used for bend in other virtual instruments.
Swing, Velocity Humanization, Velocity Proportion and other real-time parameters can give controllable humanization for quantized MIDI notes.

Dice - Automatic Composing
Select the number of notes, key, chord or scale, style, range of velocity, click the dice and a main riff will be created. It is not simply a random algorithm, it summarizes the rules of scale and groove of different styles through analyzing a bunch of music scores.

Multiple Formats Conversion
Writing and composing in the Riffer, users no longer need to worry about complex fingering, articulation and expression. They can directly drag the riff to a MIDI track of their DAW. Every fingering, articulation, and expression will be automatically converted to MIDI keyswitch and controller. Riffer humanizations can also be included in MIDI.
The user can also import their own MIDI files and tabs into Riffer without any loss (for tab to riff).

Other news in 2.5 Update:
Ample Metal Ray5 Bass adds some new samples.
New Tab Player UI, added Tab to Riff feature.
Added FX module for ABP, ABJ and AMR.
New UI for ABP and ABJ.

v2.5 update announcements:
Ample Metal Ray5 adds some new samples, Users need to install the full installer to upgrade, so there is not AMR v2.5 update installer.
500 Riffer presets are included in v2.5 full installer, but not in v2.5 update installer, users who installed v2.5 update installer need to install "Bass_Riffs_Installer"(login then visit download page) for the presets.

Update Celebration Event
All six Ample Bass are 25% off from March 3rd to April 3rd for both individual and bundle purchase.
Online Store

Demo Video
pumafred
KVRist

219 posts since 28 Oct, 2012, from Argentina

Postby pumafred; Thu Mar 02, 2017 10:34 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Wow! Very impressive. I must start experimenting!
murnau
KVRAF

5129 posts since 13 Jan, 2005, from right behind you

Postby murnau; Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:01 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

looks cool! video is not very informativ tho.
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.
nordickvr
KVRist

420 posts since 29 Sep, 2013

Postby nordickvr; Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:09 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

The installer did not install the Riffs.
May be because I didn't install the Stand alone version.
Could you confirm that and tell me if there's any other way I could install them myself without installing the SAv?
Many thanks for this update!!!
don1thedon
KVRian

1110 posts since 25 Sep, 2002

Postby don1thedon; Thu Mar 02, 2017 1:36 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Do you get different "Riffs" with each bass or is it one set of "Riffs" common to all the bass VIs?
pumafred
KVRist

Postby pumafred; Thu Mar 02, 2017 3:30 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

I just installed both VST x64 and standalone ABU 2.5.
I have the Riffer, but I have no presets.
The instrument looks for the presets at C:\Users\XXX\Documents\Ample Sound\Riffs\Bass, but I see there is no \Riffs\Bass folder on my Windows 10 PC.
Help?
Ample Sound
KVRian

Postby Ample Sound; Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:31 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

500 Riffer presets are included in v2.5 full installer, but not in v2.5 update installer, users who installed v2.5 update installer need to install "Bass_Riffs_Installer"(login then visit download page) for the presets.
Ample Sound
KVRian

Postby Ample Sound; Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:59 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

don1thedon wrote:Do you get different "Riffs" with each bass or is it one set of "Riffs" common to all the bass VIs?

Riffs are common for the all Ample Bass except some Metal riffs that using low B string (5th string), the notes on the 5th string can not be played on a 4 string bass.
don1thedon
KVRian

1110 posts since 25 Sep, 2002

Postby don1thedon; Fri Mar 03, 2017 2:46 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Thanks for clarifying. Riffer functionality is what really appeals to me but I gotta say that the different basses do sound pretty special. Very tempting :dog:
tatanka
KVRian

530 posts since 12 Jan, 2014

Postby tatanka; Fri Mar 03, 2017 3:00 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Will the actual deal with 25% off be available over your resellers (bestservice, Thomann) ? I have problems with your payment methods (I dont have paypal nor credit card) so I depend on your in german available resellers which offers other payment options (direct banking).
Ample Sound
KVRian

Postby Ample Sound; Fri Mar 03, 2017 5:22 am Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

tatanka, yes.
noddog
KVRist

42 posts since 4 Mar, 2015

Postby noddog; Fri Mar 03, 2017 12:49 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Wow, really liking this demo! I think this may be a buy.
TFish1911
KVRer

3 posts since 3 Mar, 2017

Postby TFish1911; Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:11 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

I purchased the ABY Bass a couple of hours ago and The installers wont work! I am on Windows 10 and I extracted the installer, but when I click on the complete installer application file, nothing happens. It just sits there!!

I've tried multiple options to remedy this, like disabling my firewalls and such. Is anyone else having this issue. Are the installers corrupt maybe?
pumafred
KVRist

Postby pumafred; Fri Mar 03, 2017 1:51 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

Just to give it a shot, try right-clicking and "Run as administrator"
Ample Sound
KVRian

Postby Ample Sound; Fri Mar 03, 2017 8:34 pm Re: Bass Riffer for Virtual Bass Instruments (v2.5 updates)

TFish1911 wrote:I purchased the ABY Bass a couple of hours ago and The installers wont work! I am on Windows 10 and I extracted the installer, but when I click on the complete installer application file, nothing happens. It just sits there!!

I've tried multiple options to remedy this, like disabling my firewalls and such. Is anyone else having this issue. Are the installers corrupt maybe?

Did you try Non-Admin_Fix.exe in the installer?
Next

Moderator: Ample Sound

Return to Ample Sound