Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
Tearing Riots
KVRian

606 posts since 18 Oct, 2014

Postby Tearing Riots; Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:20 am Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Had a play with the new note echo device to do granular sample manipulation - sounds really nice!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0wp9q4kdivd55 ... 2.mp3?dl=0

And here´s the preset:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t813o8f3wkdgr ... o.zip?dl=0

There are many ways to skin this, i´d be interested what you´ve come up with so far.
aMUSEd
KVRAF

27543 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:28 am Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Wow I didn't know we could do this sort of thing
Excds
KVRist

122 posts since 27 Mar, 2014

Postby Excds; Thu Mar 09, 2017 7:24 am Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Sounds nice. :-)
Tearing Riots
KVRian

Postby Tearing Riots; Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:43 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

I think this is more like the way intended:

(framerate is too low to show the modulation properly)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvv6r0a5w3cxb ... n.mp3?dl=0

Steps modulator in pitch mode is just insane. :party:
.maki
KVRAF

4078 posts since 21 Jan, 2008, from oO

Postby .maki; Mon Mar 13, 2017 1:55 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Tearing Riots wrote:I think this is more like the way intended:

(framerate is too low to show the modulation properly)

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nvv6r0a5w3cxb ... n.mp3?dl=0

Steps modulator in pitch mode is just insane. :party:

nice :) could you share the preset?
Tearing Riots
KVRian

Postby Tearing Riots; Mon Mar 13, 2017 2:31 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Here you go:
Steps Grains.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.maki
KVRAF

Postby .maki; Mon Mar 13, 2017 3:02 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Thx, will give it a go tomorrow.
Excds
KVRist

122 posts since 27 Mar, 2014

Postby Excds; Tue Mar 14, 2017 1:25 am Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Wow. That sounds so cool.

@Tearing Riots: Do you ever sleep? :-D Keep up the good work!
Tearing Riots
KVRian

Postby Tearing Riots; Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:09 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Sleep pattern is shifting back and forth due to work but i´m fine, thanks.

Reworked the last preset, loaded sample is tracking pitch now, note expression micro-pitch works too. Have a listen:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hobi5628vaz4k ... h.mp3?dl=0

The exact settings for 'best' sound are still dependent on the length of the sample loaded (after trimming) so you have to adjust and experiment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
.maki
KVRAF

Postby .maki; Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:14 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

the previous example had more impact somehow, maybe because of the vocal.
Tearing Riots
KVRian

Postby Tearing Riots; Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:18 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Just noticed macro 'grain size' was not hooked up, new version:
Steps Grains.zip

The sound is completely dependent on the sample, this shows the ability to do a smooth stretch better imo. Love those grainy vocal chops too though!
plauto
KVRist

163 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Brazil

Postby plauto; Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:50 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Very good, but it will use these tools, you can create something that emulates the beat repeating Ableton, I feel that something like Bitwig is missing.
.maki
KVRAF

Postby .maki; Tue Mar 14, 2017 3:55 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

plauto wrote:Very good, but it will use these tools, you can create something that emulates the beat repeating Ableton, I feel that something like Bitwig is missing.

sorry but i don't get this sentence. Who is it? Do you mean ableton is missing these modulators that bitwig provides?
plauto
KVRist

163 posts since 20 Jul, 2004, from Brazil

Postby plauto; Tue Mar 14, 2017 4:09 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

Suloo wrote:
plauto wrote:Very good, but it will use these tools, you can create something that emulates the beat repeating Ableton, I feel that something like Bitwig is missing.

sorry but i don't get this sentence. Who is it? Do you mean ableton is missing these modulators that bitwig provides?

I mean, there is no way to create something similar to beat repeat. :hug: :help:
Taika-Kim
KVRian

564 posts since 14 May, 2002, from Finland

Postby Taika-Kim; Wed Mar 15, 2017 10:21 pm Re: Granular with notes - show me what you got!

I have been doing this in V1 already (you need to create the triggering notes by hand, so it's more limited), and have sent the devs some messages about this... It really does not sound very good, at least I get a lot of pops and crackles if I try to play I too many grains. I guess the polyphony is quite limited. An update is planned for the sampler, but it's not first on the list of stuff they are working on now.
Next

Moderator: Bitwig Mods

Return to Bitwig