did you ever copied a riff without knowing it??

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I was improvising on my keyboard when i began playing a descending scale over a slower descending bass progression. something VERY simple, basic and somewhat "already heard".
it was getting a quite "epic" and "trailer" feeling, so i decided to add drums, strings, rises and hits.
i was quite satisfied with my basic song:

https://soundcloud.com/bosone-2/the-unwanted-plagio

and, on the next day, i was thinking about how to add an intro and another bridge section.

then, when i was listening again to my track, suddenly, my wife appeared and told me: "why are you listening to Giorgia?".
I immediately understood what happened...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gft81t8xqQc

the fun fact is that i NEVER heard this song, even if is quite famous in italy and the singer is very popular. But i simply do not listen to this genre of music! :D
but I also recognize that the progression is so basic that maybe even Giorgia copied it from somewhere else!

Now i will change some notes here and there on my progression and recover the work...

did you have similar experiences?
:D

Sounds great. Probably why it has been used before... ;)
I think there are only so many notes we are bound to reuse them.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Yes. Everything I play is lifted from something else. I'm simply a terrible musician, so it ends up sounding like something completely different. :hihi:

Especially if you are mainly in the western 12 note scale it is hard to not sound similar.
Half of the time i´m not sure if the melody is from me or my brain just remembered a thing :D

Yes. Don't have that music left tho. But also I don't know the song that had very very similar thing. Heard it on some jazz radio and was kinda shocked.
Subscribe me. I need folowers.
SoundCloud / Youtube / some music

Codestation wrote:Yes. Everything I play is lifted from something else. I'm simply a terrible musician, so it ends up sounding like something completely different. :hihi:
that isn't right

:lol:

Return to “Music Cafe”