Man From Govt vs DonkeyT - Time Fly - Stadium Pop-Rokk

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

.....It's a small stadium (a struggling League One football club with financial difficulties maybe) and I only have a limited supply of lighters, having only bought 10 at the pound shop...

This is no.3 in an a seemingly interminable series where I try and fashion something vaguely musically coherent from my boss's tonally and rhythmically challenged acoustic strumming and vocal wailing. He was mumbling some shit about 'appraisals' and 'performance related pay', so I thought now might be a good time to do the next one.

I picked this one at random from the folder of doom and found he's only utterly clipped the guitar recording. No matter I thought, cut it from the verse and I'll layer so much other stuff on top it will be irrelevant, and here we are - stepped over the line from indie to very poor man's C**dp**y, or something.

No doubt some alterations to go on yet - there's a lot going on both with instruments and effects and some of it will probably be pruned, he needs to do a better vocal, plus I'll mix it again later with fresh ears, but I do quite like it (which means he probably ripped off me in the first place), and it may prove that if you throw enough shit, sometimes some of it will stick.

http://www.bennyleeds7.myfreeola.uk/man ... me-fly.mp3

"folder of doom" lol. I like it, has a slight nod to u2 the interplay between bass and guitar. personally I respect most all vocals, something I wish I could do more of but my vocal wailing is a heck of alot worse

This is a middle class C*ldp**y, at least! The Ebow-like pad in the chorus really makes it. Good job on the U2-esque guitars as well.

You make 'im sound like a pro (better than some pros I've worked with). How is this not up to 20+ comments? I think it sounds great...
Ooh, there are a few cringe worthy notes in the second verse and beyond. :lol: Still sounds better than if it were pitch corrected IMO.

I listened to this on Monday and it didn't do much for me. Now it's early Saturday morning, and it sounds a lot better. It can't be the beer 'cos I only just popped the top off the first one. It must be the weekend vibes. I think all of the layering paid off. For some reason I think the singer's delivery sounds a little like Gary Daly on this track.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”