Let's build a mega-Synth

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys!
In the last few days I was busy copying the (unison) oscillators of a well-known synthesizer (software). That's what I've done. The result is close to the original.
Now is still missing some fine work so the whole thing has a more round effect:
CPU saving (I've started using event-delays for it).
Every now and then I hear a sinus sound every few seconds. I ask myself where it comes from.
Also missing are modified LFOs. But I wanted to have the base first.
Maybe someone of you is ready to optimize this patch with me?

Thanks and cheers :-)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Taifunk is your guy also check this http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=470299

thanks for the link :-) The whole work at the weekend was unnecessary :o

urvieh wrote:thanks for the link :-) The whole work at the weekend was unnecessary :o
:tu: Maybe you and him can work on it together toget it to sound close to sylenth :wink:

Of course, feel free to re-use my patches :tu:
Unfortunately I do not particularly like this synth,I'm happy to leave the project to you urvieh :party: :hihi:
jokes aside,if you need a collaborator I'm here,no problem :D

I have the demo installed and I want to take a look in depth, a question just for curiosity,what are the presets that you guys like in Sylenth?(in the demo)

Taifunk wrote:Of course, feel free to re-use my patches :tu:
Unfortunately I do not particularly like this synth,I'm happy to leave the project to you urvieh :party: :hihi:
jokes aside,if you need a collaborator I'm here,no problem :D

I have the demo installed and I want to take a look in depth, a question just for curiosity,what are the presets that you guys like in Sylenth?(in the demo)
Thank you Taifunk!
i think most of the Patches of sylenth can also be done by using musynth(s). i did so in the past. but i really like the workflow and of course the unison-option on the front-panel. it also handles the detune a bit different.
i'll have a closer look at your patch later this day. i am happy that you are interessted. :)

runaudio wrote:
urvieh wrote:thanks for the link :-) The whole work at the weekend was unnecessary :o
:tu: Maybe you and him can work on it together toget it to sound close to sylenth :wink:
and thanks runaudio.
For this we need a lot of motivation because it is a lot of work. Is it worth the work? :D

Well worth the work to show how powerful mux really is

urvieh wrote:Thank you Taifunk!
i think most of the Patches of sylenth can also be done by using musynth(s). i did so in the past. but i really like the workflow and of course the unison-option on the front-panel. it also handles the detune a bit different.
i'll have a closer look at your patch later this day. i am happy that you are interessted. :)
You're welcome :)
I've done this question because I tried to replicate some sylenth sound in my patch to compare the cpu consumption,unfortunately the test speaks for itself,I got almost the same sound but the patch becomes unusable.

I agree that the controls on the front panel are the most useful part but I avoided to add this to my patch due to the CPU overload,Imagine if you have to make a bass or lead sound with a patch that uses 36 oscillators,you must first turn off all oscillators to have a decent CPU load :-o
however, we can try,oscillators and audio routing can be easily replicated but we have to stop at this point and not go further because the modulation becomes really a problem,like you play a C4 note and the PC turns off,Is it worth the work? :hihi:
runaudio wrote:Well worth the work to show how powerful mux really is
to do this we need to clone a virus :D

Taifunk wrote: I agree that the controls on the front panel are the most useful part but I avoided to add this to my patch due to the CPU overload,Imagine if you have to make a bass or lead sound with a patch that uses 36 oscillators,you must first turn off all oscillators to have a decent CPU load :-o
however, we can try,oscillators and audio routing can be easily replicated but we have to stop at this point and not go further because the modulation becomes really a problem,like you play a C4 note and the PC turns off,Is it worth the work? :hihi:
Perhaps here comes my solution. We don't let the events pass trough oscilliators wich are not in use. So you can safe alot of CPU-power. To turn an oscillator off, i took an eventdelay with nearly endless delay-time. So no signal comes to this oscillator.

OK. here is a simplified patch. only one super saw oscillator. compared to sylenth it seems identically in sound an CPU:
1: INIT-Patch
2: all Voices on for only one Oscillator
3: Filter on, but not modulated
sylenth_simple_jf_1.zip
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

ok it seems very acceptable :tu:
we have to see if it works when the patch is completed,
In the first patch I set the amp envelope >to main envelope,so the CPU load is stable
Here you can see why this is necessary:
https://www.mutools.com/info/docs/mux/polysynth.html
I had a look in depth at the patch and did a quick presets,added a step sequencer chord > synth to test the patch,
how much cpu eat the patch on your system?

Taifunk wrote: I had a look in depth at the patch and did a quick presets,added a step sequencer chord > synth to test the patch,
Thanks! i didn't knew that :-)
Taifunk wrote: how much cpu eat the patch on your system?
It eats half the CPU, now... :(

unfortunately, same here :(
I tried to do another test,something like the dominator preset but I had to stop>cpu overload
I do not know if it's worth it to do all that work,it seems that will become a really bad headache :ud:

ok. another idea is to reduce the number of oscillators.is there a way to detune the incoming event before it passes the oscillator?

Return to “MUTOOLS”