What have you heard recently that really impressed?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Like, there's a lot of great stuff out there, but every now and again I try something that just sounds like it's on a whole new level of goodness.

I'll list mine:

Sly-Fi- all of them but for me personally Axis and Deflector made the biggest impression. That EQ is just so right and the compressor does the distortion really well.

Sonimus Tuco Buttery Smooth

Exponential Audio Phoenix - A sort of mixing glue magic. The tails just don't clutter up the mix.

Relab VSR-24 - TC 6000, No explanation needed.

Slate's VMR - I really liked all the processors in this one, especially the custom EQ's

Softube Flanger - Best software flanger I've ever used

Yamaha RND Portico - I so wish you didn't need an e-licencer for these. Still sound amazing to my ears

Funny thing is, I don't own any of the above, I've either had them in the past or just used demos. The VSR is probably something I'll actually get next but if I could I'd have most of this list.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Big shout about the Flanger - I'll have to check it out.

For me, the Unfiltered Audio boys have been producing some top bananas recently.

ps, I'd be all over Audio Thing's new space echo delay vst if I didn't happen to have an actual RE-201 snuggled up right next to me.

Black Box HG-2 and Pro-R are doing it for me :) We are in an age of quality code.

Funny, it's mostly stuff I've already had for a while that I'm figuring out.

Valhalla Room - Was my least favorite of all the Valhalla 'verbs until I discovered the power of the Depth control (balance of Early/Late reflections). This reverb has something beautiful in the top end I haven't heard elsewhere.

Ableton (Cytomic) The Glue compressor - Again, finally getting the hang of dialing it in for individual tracks vs. buses, and sidechaining. Never really was a huge fan of "SSL" style compressors, but now I get it.

Airwindows - Too many to mention, but Density (comp), FathomFive (sub generator) and PyeWacket (comp) do things nothing else does. Minimal GUI makes you rely on your ears.

SoundToys EchoBoy Jr. - Just really easy to get great sounds quickly.

PSP MixPack - The saturation options, and ability to dial in immense but controllable bottom end, are remarkable.

NI Replika XT - I've only tried the demo, it sounds outstanding and strikes a great balance between tweakability and usability.

Focusrite Red Suite, superb :tu:

TC Electronic Vicious Vibe
TC Electronic Corona Chorus
TC Electronic Hyper gravity

That's my guitar effects shopping list only heard them on youtube.

Slate VMR
Soundtoys 5
Realivox Ladies
Spitfire Albion One
Sugar-Bytes Factory
Zynaptiq Adaptiverb
Wavesfactory Mercury
Bechstein Digital Grand
SampleLogic Rhythmology
FabFilter Essentials bundle
Embertone Intimate Strings
ImpactSoundworks Shakuhachi
SynthMaster Everything Bundle
OrangeTreeSamples Modern Nylon

I heard what was unmistakably silence for 24 seconds, that was amazing.

incubus wrote:I heard what was unmistakably silence for 24 seconds, that was amazing.
On kvr? that would have been amazing!

All things Flux/Ircam!

Oh yes, Zynaptiq Adaptiverb is awesome.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

MogwaiBoy wrote:Black Box HG-2 and Pro-R are doing it for me :) We are in an age of quality code.
+1 on these. Black Box HG-2 is amazing.

The combination of Soundtoys EchoBoy and Valhalla Shimmer. Really subtle delays gave the reverb a really peaceful-sounding flutter.

On the opposite end of the spectrum, I really love Omnisphere 2's "waveshaper" options. The distortion does some really cool things to sounds while still feeling controlled. Really easy to grunge things up without smearing it to nothing.

LFO8 wrote:
MogwaiBoy wrote:Black Box HG-2 and Pro-R are doing it for me :) We are in an age of quality code.
+1 on these. Black Box HG-2 is amazing.
I have not tried the HG-2 yet, but I did recently try this and I really liked it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWY-DSZD17U
Aiynzahev-sounds

ValhallaRoom and PianoVerb 2. Both recently bought.

for me meldaproductions MMultiBandConvolution is my best purchase with a huge set of ir files and plus you can modify that ir with various parameters and plus you can make your own ir sample(there is a video on their site)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cg8RdeB-dwI&t=236s

the making of IR is explained at 3:24

Bonus:you can steal other plugins special reverb algorithm(Valhalla Shimmer for eg) by creating your own IR using the above melda method

after that i purchased the whole melda bundle so i have nothing shortage of any effect
Win 10 x64 with specs enough to run DAW without bouncing any track
KZ IEM,32-bit 384Khz dac running at 32bit 48Khz
mainly use REAPER, MTotalbundle, Unfiltered Audio TRIAD and LION, NI classic collection,......... ETC

Return to “Effects”