NI questions, Service Center? Access? Komplete Install?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

ok im nearly done with installing everything i hope, i wanted to install all my NI products and have the NI Komplete Ultimate 10 Boxed with an external HDD but i just checked the NI website and saw ACCESS.

1. did it replace the service center?
2. is it good at all? any problems?
3. shall i still install komplete 10 from my external hdd?

thanks
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Native Access replaced the Service Center for all current NI apps other than Traktor. For older versions (say, Kontakt 4 instead of 5), you'll still need to use Service Center to activate. With K10, you should be able to activate it all and update using Native Access.

Some people have had issues. Myself, I used Native Access to reinstall everything after a BIOS update turned pearshaped and forced me to reinstall Windows. No problems installing or reactivating, even though it takes a while to download and install everything. Note that you don't have the option of saving your installers to a location of your choice and installing manually yet.

If I were you, I'd install from the external drive, and then run Native Access to activate and update everything. It'll go a lot quicker.

ew
Last edited by ew on Mon Mar 27, 2017 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A spectral heretic...

I am fine with NI Access. Simpler than service center, free of any issues, quick and easy. Well done by NI. If they could streamline their Reaktor snapshot / preset system as well into such a user friendly style I would love that company more than my car! Hohoho!

thanks mates, i will install everything the old school way, also have absynth 3 etc. some older plugins i still need for old projects i never finished. after that i might start native access and see what'S left :)
DAW FL Studio Audio Interface Focusrite Scarlett 1st Gen 2i2 CPU Intel i7-7700K 4.20 GHz, RAM 32 GB Dual-Channel DDR4 @2400MHz Corsair Vengeance. MB Asus Prime Z270-K, GPU Gainward 1070 GTX GS 8GB NT Be Quiet DP 550W OS Win10 64Bit

Install Native Access but use hard drive to install K10. Also it will install with Native Access. You will need to have it.

thanks a lot, it seems to work all, i installed in this order:

K10 from external HDD
started NA and installed the rest/updated
then installed K7 products which were missing
started service center and activated + updated!

Return to “Instruments”