The Man Who Sold the Moon

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/chameleon-music/ ... d-the-moon

Initial public broadcast license available on this one - contact me directly for a bespoke service with various edits available on request.

The latest in my long line of science fiction influenced compositions!

With the exception of drums and percussion, this one was composed using sounds from CL Projects BLUE ORB TRILOGY for Kontakt 5.

More info here:
http://www.cl-projects-sound-design.com ... b…ogy.html

top stuff Sir, well composed and mixed made for very enjoyable listening experience. bravo! :clap:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Thanks for that - much appreciated.

This one happened very, very quickly for me...done and dusted in less than a week! I think it was those new sounds...for once my initial inspiration on hearing and buying them didn't wain at all! :0)

Love the 'Space' (the band, not the thing :D) vibe during some parts. If I'll do another song about space travel I know who to ask for some synth parts ;)

Thanks for that Dominik,
You are more than welcome to ask for the occasional synth part!

Also Dominik,
You're right, it does sound similar to 'Space' at times...a band I hadn't even thought of for quite some time, but did listen to way back when!

Well, this is certainly a very happy sounding piece of music with a great melodic vibe and some classic synthy goodness. I'm definitely getting the Jarre/Vangelis vibes, but in a much more light-hearted style than those guys. Great job on the overall arrangement. Nice breakdown/bridge section and a great build to the finale.

Good work :)

seismic1 wrote:Well, this is certainly a very happy sounding piece of music with a great melodic vibe and some classic synthy goodness. I'm definitely getting the Jarre/Vangelis vibes, but in a much more light-hearted style than those guys. Great job on the overall arrangement. Nice breakdown/bridge section and a great build to the finale.

Good work :)
+1 A distinct vintage vibe on this one...lovely stuff! 8)

Great job, seems to make all the right changes at the right time.
Sounds are cool and well composed. Like the upbeat feel!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

@ Tim:
Thanks for that + the feedback on Soundcloud as well.
I'm pleased you mentioned JMJ as well as Vangelis as there was deliberate intent there to try and take ideas from his 70s work.)! I'm not a huge JMJ fan at all, but I do appreciate his absolute mastery of timbre, texture and the short, simple melodic hook on those early albums. Vangelis, for me, has more variety and depth, although he can also pin down a good simple hook as as well at times!

@John:
Cheers "right changes at the right time" ...good - thank you for that feedback as I always have the potential for losing the bigger picture when composing! :0)

@Fred
Thank you...vintage was definitely what I was aiming for.

ChamMusic,
Thank you for the reviews. Now your song. The U.S.A. owns the moon because we were there first. ;) Or were the space aliens there first? ;) The first ~1:30 (and most of the song) reminded me of Depeche Mode. This string section part reminds me of Tomita (both compliments). Melodies and sound quality are both good. Some good vocals wouldn't hurt, but that might not be your thing. Overall, it sounds quite good. Cheers!

P.S.: Since everyone knows the moon is made out of cheese, I almost said the song needs some cheese, but I restrained myself. ;)
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

Aaron,
I can hear the Tomita reference to some extent, but not the Depeche Mode one...although I have to admit that I've never really listened to that much of their output.

I do vocal-led tracks from time to time, (never me singing though), I'll have a think about whether they'd fit here in a little remix...interesting idea.

The cat, fiddle,cow, little dog, dish and spoon jointly own the moon..everyone knows that from a very early age! :0)

Return to “Music Cafe”