Cantus Ad Solis Occasum - The Googly Consort

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gone
Last edited by Googly Smythe on Fri Sep 21, 2018 9:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Bereft of ideas? I thought listening to this was a great way to spend five or six minutes, so I stretched it to 22 minutes by playing it 4 times. I paticularly enjoyed the second section which was very pretty, but all 3 sections were pleasant and relaxing. The lack of processing wasn't detrimental, imho.

Sugababes? You're showing your age.

Good work :)

Bit early for a nightcap, however I enjoyed it without one!
As Tim said this has a lovely floating/relaxing nature, even when the choir occasionally lurches...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

seismic1 wrote:...Sugababes? You're showing your age...
I was already old enough to be their granddad when they released their first single! I had some issues with liking such a young (and female!) act... Now I'm old enough not to give a pony. :D
seismic1 wrote:... The lack of processing wasn't detrimental ...
That's a bit of a radical idea for a bunch of guys who love discussing the minutest niceties of the latest compressor/eq/betta-musick-maker! :D

The reason I left out the processing was a practical one:
1) there are a lot on instances of Olympus/EW Choirs;
2) the sound quality of The Ladies (the solo voices) was appalling, aliasing, I think. Didn't know the cause, they sounded ok on my 1968 stuff.
3) Tried eq-ing, etc, didn't do any good. So I changed the sample rate from my usual 44.1 to 96. With the processors I was using, Cubase was falling over. So I removed everything except 2 reverbs and Brainworx' XL.
Quality is still not good, but it passes, just.

I've since discovered that my sample SSD wasn't switched into AHCi mode, or something, so all the cpu/asio time was spent loading the samples. :dog: Fixed it now, and also reverted back to an earlier version of Kontakt (player). All is hunky dory, I may even upload a fresh copy.

Thanks for reading this far! :tu:

Googly Smythe wrote: I've since discovered that my sample SSD wasn't switched into AHCi mode, or something, so all the cpu/asio time was spent loading the samples. :dog: Fixed it now, and also reverted back to an earlier version of Kontakt (player). All is hunky dory, I may even upload a fresh copy.
So I uploaded a fresh copy... And a bump. :)

Return to “Music Cafe”