Eh. Psp going back to PACE.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

So I got an email today from psp (as I'm sure a lot of you have) that indicated there's a new beta coming of their StompFilter plug, which includes a number of new features and a new authorization system. Please see below for the short convo.
psp audioware wrote:Hi,

We are about to start testing an updated version of PSP stompFilter plug-in. We have added some new features, new presets, and changed the authorization system. If you want to join our beta testers group please drop us a line.

Warm regards from Poland
Antoni Ozynski
I wrote:Hi Antoni. I'd like to be in the beta. May I ask what the new auth system is? Is it still a downloadable authorizer?
psp audioware wrote:The PACE system. Not ilok dongle required.

Warm regards from Poland
Antoni Ozynski
They've done PACE before but stopped years ago. I was hoping they were done with it. Ugh.
Last edited by masterhiggins on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oh brother.

I actually have an ilok and I'm still disappointed they're doing this
Last edited by jsp1979 on Mon Apr 10, 2017 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Good thing imo. :tu:
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

Bad move IMHO.

If they go exclusively iLok I won´t bother buying from them again.

Yeah.....no. Pace sucks and iLok only sucks even harder.
the secrets to old age: Faster horses, Richer Women, Bigger CPU's

https://soundcloud.com/cristofe-chabot/sets/main

soulone82 wrote:Bad move IMHO.

If they go exclusively iLok I won´t bother buying from them again.
+1

I own almost everything by them except for vintagewarmer, dither, neon, and easyverb. If Pace does their annual license f**kup routine this is going to suck.

I hated the (idea) of dongles. but then I was (soft-) forced into getting one. Now I really like it. And being a PSP customer I am ok with them using PACE. Then again, I have never been through a PACE debacle such as a dead iLok dongle or a systems problem on their end, so it's easy for me to say. :scared:

Software PACE protection isn't really bad. Just works, and you don't need a dongle.

plexuss wrote:I hated the (idea) of dongles. but then I was (soft-) forced into getting one. Now I really like it. And being a PSP customer I am ok with them using PACE. Then again, I have never been through a PACE debacle such as a dead iLok dongle or a systems problem on their end, so it's easy for me to say. :scared:
Pace doesn't mean dongle. Pace means C/R though.

Personally I find soft Ilok extremely convenient.
"Preamps have literally one job: when you turn up the gain, it gets louder." Jamcat, talking about presmp-emulation plugins.

EvilDragon wrote:Software PACE protection isn't really bad. Just works, and you don't need a dongle.
No, although personally I would never trust the HD method. Fine with the dongle - and TLC

Atleast in my Windows 10 OS, every time the PACE software license manager updates... it breaks itself. You have to go back to the Windows 'Services' area and set it to Auto Start (Delayed), otherwise it simply won't initiate on startup. I don't see any user benefits whatsoever.

Hey PSP, wrong direction. Turn 180°.

I'm completely fine with it. No dongle, what's the problem? Ultimately PSP have to do what they think is right to protect their work.

Twrogstudio wrote:I'm completely fine with it. No dongle, what's the problem? Ultimately PSP have to do what they think is right to protect their work.
No dongle is actually more of a problem when it comes to pace. If your drive fails, which is a possibility, you're screwed. Their downloadable authorizers were great, even better than Name/Serial number as you don't have to copy and paste anything or open and close the plugin to refresh the registration like on some plugins. It just worked.

Return to “Effects”