Chamber Music - A String Quartet

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Truly fine work. Shockingly excellent even.

Your 20th c. type twists on classical string tropes/clichés, really stylish and somehow fresh.

There is an odd moment, end of 2nd movement where the reverb sort of cuts in which seems to reveal this as 'virtual', artificial 'verb at least. But if this was a MIDI thing, it is quite amazing. I feel like I got lucky clicking on this out of morbid curiosity or something. :)

I'm glad you did check it out, Jancivil. I don't know what that reverb thing might be, but as you say, it's probably a MIDI thing.

Pretty much everything I 've written has been an homage to somebody else's music, and I'm still finding my own voice, which will still always be somewhere from the early 20th century. So far, I've paid tribute to the Russians and the Brits. This piece is from somewhere else. Dunno where.

Thanks for listening.

First-rate, outstanding music.

Is it scored ?

Best,

dp

Not as yet, Dave. I could probably knock out some scores in a few days, but they would probably have a lot of mistakes, and be missing some notation on tempo, dynamics and fermati. I'm still a rank amateur it producing scores and sheet music.

Can only echo everyone else's comment. Great stuff. Downloaded it to listen to it properly...
:tu: :tu:

Really good. Love the variety of textures and how they appear for short bits and then pop up again later. Gives it a sense of continuity even when the melodic content is totally different.

Did you post the first movement on its own a while ago? It sounds familiar.

I did. At the time, I wasn't sure that there would even be a second or third movement. Mostly, I just wanted to try my hand at chamber music. I'm very pleased that a few people like my music. Thank you all for the nice comments.

I think you must be feeling quite pleased with yourself right now. I remember your comment in an earlier thread where you stated that you weren't quite sure whether you would be able to finish all three movements. I think you deserve a well-earned beer or three.

As is usual for me, I managed to listen to it on an early Sunday evening, just before dusk. That seems to be the perfect time for these pieces. The composition moves through various moods, from dramatic to relaxed, sombre to joyful. It hangs together as a coherent and entertaining listen.

Good work :)

Wow!
interesting stuff. Congratulations on a truly great piece of music.
my music:
soundcloud.com/septimon-band
blend.io/septimon

Thank a million, folks. I don't think I'll be writing any more chamber music any time soon. It's really HARD.

artlowell wrote:Thank a million, folks. I don't think I'll be writing any more chamber music any time soon. It's really HARD.
No, it's not hard...

it's F*!#K*NG BLOODY HARD! I doff my cap :tu:

Ya. You betchums.

Truly excellent piece. Great composition and sounds fantastic...
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Return to “Music Cafe”