Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
] Peter:H [
KVRist

184 posts since 22 Sep, 2016

Postby ] Peter:H [; Tue Apr 18, 2017 12:01 pm The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

Hey guys,

I've started a track for KVR One Synth Challenge #98 already this month, but most probably not going to take part ...I prefer to offer it to the KVR Music Cafe.
https://soundcloud.com/p-e-t-e-r-h/the-evacuation-of-the-lizzards-took-longer-than-expected

What do you think? Should I go and polish this track a bit more? The current mix is more a "please sub woofer massage my feet" mix, which is working good for me and my feet (usually resting o the sub while working) in my "homestudio"...and despite the epic impression of the track it's quite short.
Anyway...what do you say?
Any kind of feedback is welcome!

The track was created with only Meldaproduction MPowerSynth and mostly Melda Plugins as well, just a few other Cubase Plugins where used...

Cheers
donkey tugger
Boss Lovin' DR

3892 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from the grimness of yorkshire

Postby donkey tugger; Wed Apr 19, 2017 9:36 am Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

It sounds good to me - and for what I know of sinthesisers and given it's not my type of thing, that's praise, believe you me! . What I really also wanted to say is that that's an excellent title. :lol:
KVRist

Postby ] Peter:H [; Thu Apr 20, 2017 8:54 am Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

Thanks alot @doneky tugger for your nice feedback. Do you have any suggestion for improvement?
And yes the titel...but I see from your nick that you have fun with weird naming as well ;-)
Allomerus
KVRAF

1746 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:02 am Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

Great title and the music fits it beautifully.
I like the random added sounds...
It sounds like it is trying to start the evacuation but getting stalled for a while. I guess it isn't easy to evacuate lizzards.
The ending could be better, it sounds cut off rather than suddenly deliberately stopping.
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
KVRist

Postby ] Peter:H [; Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:07 am Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

Thanks Allomerus for your nice feedback! I have enjoyed your epic track last night. Good work!

Yes the title...it's just a crazy world outside and I thought what would be a uttmost crazy thing I can imagine...I thought "Think of a pathetic lord of the rings battle field where Orgs and pathetic white bearded wizzards meet to fight the battle for life and death...and there is a group of environmental activists that had found out that the battle field is the only place a certain species of lizzard is living...and they start a campaign to evacuate them"...Could be I had too many pints that night...and disturbing news from Syria...probably.
Anyway it set the "Drums of War" mood of the tracks and the noizes are just arrows, spears or burning balls that were catapulted by any of the battle parties while the evacuation is still in progress...
annode
KVRAF

6005 posts since 28 Mar, 2003, from Location: Location

Postby annode; Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:06 am Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

Good track. Sounds good too.
Was waiting for the Walter Cronkite story about the lizards. :)
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x
Aloysius
KVRAF

20482 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:11 am Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

When I read the Title, I wanted to hear the Track.

Sounds cool.

I can feel the subs, even though I don't have a sub.

I'll have to check out MPowerSynth some day.

No need to remix imho.
Hug a Thug.
KVRist

Postby ] Peter:H [; Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:53 pm Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

annode wrote:Good track. Sounds good too.
Was waiting for the Walter Cronkite story about the lizards. :)

Thanks for your feedback, @annode.
You recognize Walter Cronkite, pretty cool. Footage of him reporting about the Cuba Crisis, which brought the world close to a nuclear war, was one of the inspirations for my track. Actually this sample was in the background of one of the first versions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBaZSs-eX2E
I thought about the situation as it was back then and about how few lessons mankind has learnt since then...it's quite depressing...listen to the part when he says "some hope has been generated by the suggestions of negotiation". How comes we are all so far from "negotiation"...In a later version of the track I have removed the sample and only kept the image of Walter for the Track...
But anyway, the best thing to do would be to start evacuate some lizzards, don't you think so?
KVRist

Postby ] Peter:H [; Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:02 pm Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

Aloysius wrote:When I read the Title, I wanted to hear the Track.

Sounds cool.

I can feel the subs, even though I don't have a sub.

I'll have to check out MPowerSynth some day.

No need to remix imho.

Aloysius, many thanks for your feedback. Yes, please check out MPowerSynth. But be aware that it is not "the" synth as self proclaimed by Meldaproduction. It's like all MeldaProduction stuff extremely versatile when it comes to modulation, but it has it's own pecularities that are quite different to normal expected...It was not easy to find my way around it and I struggle still, though I try to use it a lot.

BTW: Your nick is nice. We have some sort of fairy tale in Bavaria with a man becoming an angle called Aloisius: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FW6P_crgp8M
Last edited by ] Peter:H [ on Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aloysius
KVRAF

20482 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:04 pm Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

Looks just like me. :)
Hug a Thug.
annode
KVRAF

6005 posts since 28 Mar, 2003, from Location: Location

Postby annode; Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:49 pm Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

As a teen I worked for a Bavaian man in a beer carry out store...yes we sold Bavarian beers. :)
He, as with Aloysius, looked like the man in that cartoon with a thick accent. He was very funny to us. He would love watching a cartoon called 'The Pink Panther', i'm sure you've seen it. He would laugh and laugh at it, and we would laugh at him laughing! haha Good memory.

When I was between 4 and 5 yrs, I can clearly remember the visit from Russian prime minister Nikita Khrushchev to meet with our president Dwight D. Eisenhower. I remember seeing it on TV and people talking about it even at my age! Remarkable! He succeeded Stalin who had died a few yrs before. He came to Washington D.C. as a good will gesture that our nations are too strong to fight with one another. A few years later they were building missile sites in Cuba.

EDIT - Also, I remember at the time of missile crisis having drills called 'Duck and Cover'. Hidding under our desks or sitting along wall in school halls to save ourselves from a nuclear explosion. haaaaaaaaaaaaaa!
Oh! and every day jet fighters would fly overhead, to and from military site. At that time there was no ban on flying speed and they would emit what we call a 'sonic boom'. It was like explosions one after another...boom, boomboomboom. We weren't afraid, we were kids, we just thought about playing. :hyper:
Here...this is a great documentary about all nuclear history in America/Russia.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrvgsk8eX24&t=4825s
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x
xoxos
Mr Entertainment

12056 posts since 29 Apr, 2002, from i might peeramid

Postby xoxos; Sat Apr 22, 2017 5:02 am Re: The evacuation ot the lizzards took longer than expected - Soundtrack

i used to work in a nursery that carried a product called snail eliminator. having been a nurse's assistant for a while before this, i read the term "eliminate" in much the same sense i read "evacuate". i hope there's another john.
you come and go, you come and go. amitabha xoxos.net free vst. neither a follower nor a leader be
tagore "where roads are made i lose my way"
where there is certainty, consideration is absent.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe