GOLD finally released!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Gold is the latest plugin conceived, designed and created by Acustica Audio (http://www.acustica-audio.com/).
GOLD_Channelstrip_teaser_003.jpg
The realization of GOLD is the result of our continuous hunt for vintage and rare outboard and our desire to achieve perfection in our emulations.
This plug-in represents the most unique offering on the market for any lover of the sound of the legendary vintage British consoles.
The rarity of emulated devices, the detail in the emulations, the design work… all this makes this plug-in as precious as pure gold…

Five different equalizers, two extremely rare compressors, seven preamplifers and a routing control section prove how this is one of the most complex and complete ACQUA plugins ever released.

All details in our user manual
Direct link to downaload it:
https://app.box.com/shared/static/c6zpi ... gujbcx.pdf

Anyone in search for faithful emulations simply must try this vintage British channel strip (complete with its standalone modules).

standaloneversions.jpg
"GOLD Standalone modules" consisting of:

GOLD COMP
GOLD PRE
GOLD EQ

To help unleash the incredible potential of our GOLD’s modules, we have created a BUNDLE including each individual module of gold, enabling sound engineers to use each component separately, with a significant saving in terms of CPU. This will help enhance your mixes ensuring quality, versatility and the distinctive sound peculiar to Acustica’s plugins. We hope GOLD Standalone modules will meet our most demanding customers’ requirements.

Acustica has decided to create an Anthology (Analog Dreamware Anthology) plug-in. It's not just a series of plug-ins: our goal is to provide all customers with a complete collection enclosing all inestimable outboard of the past.. in order to realize our goal we are ready to hunt them down to the ends of the earth.

1. Analog

- About analog modeling

“It’s no secret that the sound of our creations is different from all the others. Better or worse, nobody can deny that they are unique in every respect.
Our approach is based on sampling; by using FIR filters we have also a clean, almost alias free signal with a beautiful frequency/phase response up to Nyquist frequency. Long kernels allow to reduce ripple without introducing the typical errors of IIR implementations (no oversampling needed, no decramp filters, no lowpass filters, no phase issues or approximations)”.

2. Dreamware

- What we do

We are finally doing something new: a software which in a certain way is really superior to both a classic software approach (circuit modeling) and an existing real hardware created from a specific design.
The first would be sterile; it would sound like a “plugin” because of the usual IIR phase issues and not precise harmonic distortion introduced by "ideal circuit modeling". The second would include many physical world limitations.
This is the reason why we don’t use an “algorithmic” approach: Acustica uses ‘samples’ of real gears and the resulting sound proves to be amazingly authentic!

3. Anthology

- How to get the most

Our Anthology captures the spirit and essence of our plug-ins.
The goal is to provide all customers with the best collection of vintage commercially available hardware.
We are willing to improve our technology day after day, in order to create the most faithful emulations on the market, always aiming to achieve the best possible quality.

For more information please consult the following link:
http://www.acustica-audio.com/index.php ... Itemid=189
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
----------------------------------------------------
Best regards,
Acustica Audio team
www.acustica-audio.com
VAT ID: IT-01254510116
Via Tortini 9, 26900, Lodi, LO, Italy.
----------------------------------------------------

Haha, once again the KVR community doesn't know what they are missing! No replies? Sad.

Gold is a collection of four Neve styled equalizers, two Neve compressors and a variety of Neve plus tube flavors. It's what the Waves V-Series of plugins could have/should have been.

Even if you already own Neve style plugins you owe it to yourself to try out Gold. You'll understand once you've done a mix with these plugins. MAGIC!

Yeah? Well I for sure know what I'm missing and I still don't get it. If you can mix with this stuff, you've got skills that break the laws of physics... or at least a lot of patience.

Armagibbon wrote:Yeah? Well I for sure know what I'm missing and I still don't get it. If you can mix with this stuff, you've got skills that break the laws of physics... or at least a lot of patience.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I´m afraid no patience helps here, In my country there is a specific phrase, roughly translated it tells: you can´t make a whip of crap, and if you do you can´t crack it...

kvaca wrote:In my country there is a specific phrase, roughly translated it tells: you can´t make a whip of crap, and if you do you can´t crack it...
Now that right there is GOLD!

Love it.

I am a Nebula 3 Pro user/customer of Acustica Audio for more than 10 years, and I have happily invested in many great libraries by the likes of Alex B and Tim Petherick.

I haven't invested in ACQUA plugins because I'm happy enough with the quality of my Nebula setup.

To those of you who have invested in both Nebula 3 Pro libraries and some ACQUA plugins, do you feel that ACQUA plugins such as GOLD here offer anything much more in terms of quality or workflow than the Nebula 3 Pro third-party libraries that you have?

:phones:

dark water wrote:To those of you who have invested in both Nebula 3 Pro libraries and some ACQUA plugins, do you feel that ACQUA plugins such as GOLD here offer anything much more in terms of quality or workflow than the Nebula 3 Pro third-party libraries that you have?
The main advantage of the Acqua plugs is that you have everything contained in one instance. No more having to load another Nebula just to have another EQ band or filter. And the GUIs are generally easy to use and pleasing to the eye.

As for sound quality, the newer Acquas (Sand, Coral, Lime, Gold, etc.) are based on the latest Nebula engines that enable compression action that previously wasn't possible with Nebula 3. At least, I haven't found a Nebula-based compressor library that can match the performance of these Acquas. Maybe future samplings using Neb 4 will catch up, but as of now the Acqua comps are unbeatable.

EQs, filters, and preamps are comparable soundwise between the two platforms, IME. Many libraries from TimP and AlexB are among the best ITB EQs I've heard. The latest Acquas are similarly excellent. But again, it's really nice having all bands contained in the same instance, so that's where Acquas hold the edge.

Now if only those Acquas weren't so expensive ... :)

Cheers,
Eddie
The future exists in all directions.

AudioGuy720 wrote:Haha, once again the KVR community doesn't know what they are missing! No replies? Sad.
199€ regular price. Questions? :roll:
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

Might be lower price because buttons are broken, and there is some rust on the screws.. :ud:
Maybie I missing some fisheye perspective there.. :scared:

Joke on one side I have some good news for the members.
Do you want killer amp plugin based on impulse response?

Just go here: https://primestudio.at/magento2/index.p ... curve.html

Type in your email and Charly preamp is yours!
Sounds really good!

How about this? :party:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Eddie TX wrote:
dark water wrote:To those of you who have invested in both Nebula 3 Pro libraries and some ACQUA plugins, do you feel that ACQUA plugins such as GOLD here offer anything much more in terms of quality or workflow than the Nebula 3 Pro third-party libraries that you have?
The main advantage of the Acqua plugs is that you have everything contained in one instance. No more having to load another Nebula just to have another EQ band or filter. And the GUIs are generally easy to use and pleasing to the eye.

As for sound quality, the newer Acquas (Sand, Coral, Lime, Gold, etc.) are based on the latest Nebula engines that enable compression action that previously wasn't possible with Nebula 3. At least, I haven't found a Nebula-based compressor library that can match the performance of these Acquas. Maybe future samplings using Neb 4 will catch up, but as of now the Acqua comps are unbeatable.

EQs, filters, and preamps are comparable soundwise between the two platforms, IME. Many libraries from TimP and AlexB are among the best ITB EQs I've heard. The latest Acquas are similarly excellent. But again, it's really nice having all bands contained in the same instance, so that's where Acquas hold the edge.

Now if only those Acquas weren't so expensive ... :)

Cheers,
Eddie
Excellent - many thanks for that thorough reply Eddie.
Yep, the ACQUAS' workflow and GUIs definitely seem like a huge asset above those of Nebula 3 Pro.
However, I'll probably stick with my AlexB and TimP libraries for now, if only because they already provide excellent 3D depth and sound to my productions and it was only a couple of years ago that such Nebula 3 Pro libraries were leading the sonic stakes.

Cheers,
DW

Musician/Composer/Mixer based in Montreal, Canada. Acustica Audio Nebula / Acustica Audio Tulip, Rust, Sienna. Latest mix https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mTQmE7S-ZM

Haha was just about to post this.

Funny how Slate goes defensive about marketing speach.. when he is quite notorious for that himself.
"Wisdom is wisdom, regardless of the idiot who said it." -an idiot

Ahah EVERY time I read the word "gold" my brain starts to sing that song

dark water wrote:I am a Nebula 3 Pro user/customer of Acustica Audio for more than 10 years, and I have happily invested in many great libraries by the likes of Alex B and Tim Petherick.

I haven't invested in ACQUA plugins because I'm happy enough with the quality of my Nebula setup.

To those of you who have invested in both Nebula 3 Pro libraries and some ACQUA plugins, do you feel that ACQUA plugins such as GOLD here offer anything much more in terms of quality or workflow than the Nebula 3 Pro third-party libraries that you have?

:phones:
I have invested a lot of money in nebula and acquas and also use many of the other
developers' products. Here are my brief observations:

Latest generation acqua compressors, generally speaking, are much better in compression action than
nebula 3 or early generation acqua compressors. Sand and pink compressors are standouts.
However they are not superior to the best algorithmic compressors IMO. In my experience
uad compressors, flux, elysia and others have more features, are more flexible, more lightweight,
and give excellent results quicker.

With regards to eqs: the best nebula eqs (often regarded as best: TimP surge, AlexB elysia X or MMeq)
are offering better sound than the best aqua eqs,
however the workflow is a nightmare not only in terms of racking the necessary nebula
instances but more so regarding gainstaging them and deciding what components should be clean
which harmonically rich and what topology (serial vs parallel to implement - with parallel topologies
being more difficult to control gain levels and harmonic distortion being volume dependent you may end
up with much cleaner or distorted signal than the original device).
Acquas offer better workflow but still they are not perfect: meters are
inacurate, gui controls are jumpy or lagging, there are no presets, etc.
Also some aquas upon release and in some cases long after have many serious
bugs.

This is my experience and observations
and I have read that others share the same view but of course this is quite subjective
and material dependent too.

Regarding GOLD: sounds nice but I have so many great eqs (many from acustica)
that i do not see a compelling case for it.

Hope this helps. I would highly advise taking advantage of the demos available for
aquas so that you can make up your mind.

Return to “Effects”