Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 NewWhat is KVR? Submit News Advertise
ephrem
KVRist

343 posts since 18 Mar, 2007, from next to nothing

Postby ephrem; Sat May 06, 2017 2:54 am First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

https://soundcloud.com/cero2none/melancholy

Made in Renoise with Sylenth and Legend and a few samples.

Hope you like it..
'This too shall pass'
Vortifex
KVRist

240 posts since 1 Sep, 2016

Postby Vortifex; Sat May 06, 2017 5:33 am Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

That was actually pretty good. Sounded to me like a score for a TV drama, I can imagine that playing underneath a slick intro.
Aloysius
KVRAF

19964 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Sat May 06, 2017 5:43 am Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

Disturbing music. I think it's well done. The honky saloon piano tone adds to the mystery. That synth bouncing from right to left is very effective.

One thought that struck me was maybe you could reduce the width of the claps like percussion to add more 3D depth to the track. Maybe even low pass it a little too.
artao
KVRist

233 posts since 1 May, 2014, from SW Wisconsin

Postby artao; Sat May 06, 2017 7:54 am Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

Beautiful. Thanks for sharing, and don't stop making music. :D
Jace-BeOS
KVRAF

3637 posts since 7 Jan, 2005, from Corporate States of America

Postby Jace-BeOS; Sat May 06, 2017 3:17 pm Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

Just like others said above: This is a nice piece of music. Thanks for sharing. Keep making music :)
- dysamoria.com
my music @ SoundCloud
fluffy_little_something
KVRAF

9209 posts since 5 Jun, 2012, from Portugal

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sat May 06, 2017 3:50 pm Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

Maybe it would be even better if that trumpet-like synth sound did not only play one and the same note...

But it indeed sounds rather melancholic...
OreoSplitter
KVRist

67 posts since 6 Feb, 2017

Postby OreoSplitter; Sat May 06, 2017 10:36 pm Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

I feel the pan buzz thing was a bit annoying. I am wearing headphones. Maybe because it went to the right side so much and it's a piercing sound. Maybe it's just personal preference where there is nothing wrong with it. I would try making it pan an equal amount slowly left and right but not to much to one end as it is now and quiet it down as a distant noise so the piano becomes the focal point which is nicely done.
ephrem
KVRist

343 posts since 18 Mar, 2007, from next to nothing

Postby ephrem; Sun May 07, 2017 9:26 am Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

Wow, thanks for your replies, didn't expect that. I'll take every suggestion into consideration!
'This too shall pass'
ivanj
KVRer

28 posts since 23 Oct, 2010, from Spain

Postby ivanj; Sun May 07, 2017 10:20 am Re: First finished track in 10 years - Melancholy

Love it!

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe