The United Strings of Europe - Auddict's String Orchestra is HERE (50% Off First Violins)

Sampler and Sampling discussion (techniques, tips and tricks, etc.)
RELATED
PRODUCTS

The United Strings of Europe

It's Finally Here... a String Orchestral Sample Library by Auddict

http://auddict.com/use.html

Many of you have been requesting a string orchestra from us since we released huge products like Drums of the Deep and Master Brass, and we are extremely proud to finally bring you the UNITED STRINGS OF EUROPE, starting with the First Violins - now on 50% Off Opening Sale.

Auddict teamed up with the "United Strings of Europe", a London-based string orchestra, to create THE flagship string library.

This astounding library has what we believe to be the most realistic string legato sampled and programmed to this date, recorded at the world-famous "Cadogan Hall" in London. Thanks to the USE musicians' pristine and flawlessly crafted sound, we have captured the most delicate, to the most gargantuan of string sounds for this library, which blends superbly well in a mix due to the fantastic acoustic of this concert hall.

These are the perfect strings for your next score/track; you need look no further...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ia0H9DWh5tE&t=6s

When are you going to get the mod wheel on trems/trills? A rough guideline of that update? I want to review the USE violins, but I would think it's fairer to wait for at least the first patch

Sounds really good! The piece in the beginning of video #1, is that out-of-the-box sound or has some mixing/mastering been done? Is any additional or 3rd party reverb involved, or is this the baked-in reverb?

ZentralmassivSound wrote:... Is any additional or 3rd party reverb involved, or is this the baked-in reverb?
If you're talking about the sound demos, what make you think they used a 3rd party reverb? I didn't hear any produced mixes with other instruments, just examples of their strings.

There are seven mic positions to control. I'm 99% confident that what you're hearing in the demos are achieved from those controls. I doubt they even used Kontakt's FX (though that wouldn't be too bad since it is a Kontakt library).

I agree that they sound really impressive. The reverb tails are easily the best (most-authentic sounding) I've heard. That's where the vast majority of string libs fail for me.

Ahhh looking at the GUI I see a reverb knob at the bottom right. I guess that controls the Kontakt internal reverb, possibly with custom IR.

The "United Strings of Europe", even having just the "First Violins" out so far, has fast become our most popular library of all time in just a few weeks!

We are over the moon, as this really reflects how the tireless process of creating this library, from the recording stage, careful setup, meticulous playing by musicians with flawless technique, endless editing and re-touching and finally, creating the program, has paid off, but that does not mean we stopped there...

Behold, the new United Strings of Europe GUI in all its glory:

We received a lot of fantastic feature requests, as well as having a few extra ideas of our own, and decided to completely redo the GUI, and finally polish this library off into the flagship string library it always had the potential to be...

You now have the freedom to tweak the legato settings to however you want. You can turn the intervals up or down, and change the interval lengths to taste too, so the library will cater for you whether you prefer a very snappy fast note change, or a long expressive shift... OR anything in between!

This of course PLUS a load of other features, all detailed on our main page...

http://auddict.com/use.html

Remember, the USE - First Violins are still on 50% OFF Sale!
More demos coming very soon...

If you own this library and would like a free update, please send an e-mail to support@auddict.com with your order number OR simply the e-mail address you used to purchase the library

Would be nice if you also answered questions in this thread.

another EXTREMELY quick demo whilst we work on more/longer demos, taking advantage of new legato length/volume features:

https://soundcloud.com/auddict-77772158 ... -lacrimosa

Could you talk a bit about the trills and sautille? Are these tempo locked, and are the sautille locked to 1/16 notes or is there a way to change this?

goldenhelix wrote:Could you talk a bit about the trills and sautille? Are these tempo locked, and are the sautille locked to 1/16 notes or is there a way to change this?
Not at all - sautille is basically quiet spiccato (and high velocity is spiccato), so you play is as you play any other short note articulation

Trills are unmeasured quick trills (semitone and tone trills on every note available)

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Auddict-audio wrote:
goldenhelix wrote:Could you talk a bit about the trills and sautille? Are these tempo locked, and are the sautille locked to 1/16 notes or is there a way to change this?
Not at all - sautille is basically quiet spiccato (and high velocity is spiccato), so you play is as you play any other short note articulation

Trills are unmeasured quick trills (semitone and tone trills on every note available)
Interesting, I was a little confused because in one of your demo videos it looks like he is playing multiple bowings with one key press (about 3:20 through your 3:54 video, the "Quick Walkthrough"). I thought maybe just holding the note played a repeated fast sautille, but now I see he is hitting the key multiple times. It still does look like he's hitting it half as fast as the notes are occurring, so not sure how this is being accomplished.

goldenhelix wrote:
Auddict-audio wrote:

Interesting, I was a little confused because in one of your demo videos it looks like he is playing multiple bowings with one key press (about 3:20 through your 3:54 video, the "Quick Walkthrough"). I thought maybe just holding the note played a repeated fast sautille, but now I see he is hitting the key multiple times. It still does look like he's hitting it half as fast as the notes are occurring, so not sure how this is being accomplished.
Ah it must be either that kontakts keyboard simply doesn't graphically respond fast enough, or frame rate of the video. Each note is played individually :)

Vortifex wrote:Will each section have an introductory 50% off or will that only be for the first violins?
Yep!

Return to “Samplers, Sampling & Sample Libraries”