PG-8X.vst

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

Although I have several commercial virtual synths I keep going back to the PG-8X as the sound is so analog and characterful.

I'm using the Metaplugin synth as a wrapper. It would be great to have an A.U. version at some point though?

The problem is... I normally create my own sounds but downloaded some .fxb patches... but I don't seem to be able to load them, that are greyed out?

(Logic Pro X)

Im no Logic user, but if the banks/presets youve downloaded are 'greyed out' as you say it could mean that they are incompatible with the PG-8X version youre running.

(Remember, the first release of PG-8X was SynthEdit based, so if youre running the new version and the banks/presets were made for the old SE based version then you wont be able to use these unless you install the old SE based version too.)

Ok, I'll check that thanks.

Quickest way is to take a look at the files.

The VST ID of the old SE based version was 'pg8x' (lowercase), whereas the new WDL-OL based version has 'PG8X' in uppercase.

So if you drag the files into Notepad there should be one or the other right in the first line.

If its lowercase then theyre for the SE version.

I've downloaded from here so I guess it's the latest version:

https://sites.google.com/site/mlvst0/

Yep, thats the new WDL-OL based version.

Hemmick Reef wrote:Hi,

Although I have several commercial virtual synths I keep going back to the PG-8X as the sound is so analog and characterful.

I'm using the Metaplugin synth as a wrapper. It would be great to have an A.U. version at some point though?

The problem is... I normally create my own sounds but downloaded some .fxb patches... but I don't seem to be able to load them, that are greyed out?

(Logic Pro X)
Where did you get the banks from? The extension *.fxb indicates that they are most likely from the old (SynthEdit) version. The new banks are normally named *.PG8Xbank.

Cheers,
Martin

I think I picked them up on this site, could you send me a link to the newer ones please?

Hemmick Reef wrote:I think I picked them up on this site, could you send me a link to the newer ones please?
On which site? On the KVR page, there are still some old ones (they should have a warning in the comments). Whenever a bank is saved as PG8Xbank, it should work with the current version. Patches saved as *.fxb will most likely not.

Cheers,
Martin

Sounds just like the one I used to have! Cool!!!

Return to “Instruments”