Oldschool goa trance

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I already posted this in the psytrance thread, but who doesn't want more listens? :oops:

https://soundcloud.com/recursion-loop/goa-demo

Inspired by old Astral Projection/MWNN stuff. Free download
You may think you can fly ... but you better not try

I really like this one :)! Reminds me of old Astral Projection and MWNN productions indeed. And this is a good thing :tu:. I would definitely like to hear this on the dancefloor (but nearly everything is Proggy at the moment in Dresden).
Songwriting software: Sundog Song Studio (standalone) | MelodicFlow (plug-in) | ChordPotion (plug-in) | XotoPad (Windows touch app)

Very cool! Don't know what those things are, but I like it!
Timbales are great. Nice filter work.
I like the key change...
Well done.
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

Thanks, mates! Glad you liked it :)

@Allomerus. Astral Projection and Man With No Name (MWNN) were mid-90's goa trance acts who basically shaped the sound of the more mainstream/accessible part of this genre. I used to be a huge fan of their music.

Very nice track! A tad bit long for be but I'd imagine this would be perfect in a club environment.

the chord change was awesome! great work

Thanks, people! :)

@ Kyrpto. That's kind of standard length for goa/psy trance, tracks in this style typically have long progression to a climax. Indeed, that's mostly adapted to dancefloors, though I like listening to such long tracks at home too.

@ Jesse Gorter. I assume you mean the chord change at 6:29. Somehow I'm very happy with this one myself (though that's a very basic progression in Phrygian minor).

This is really solid. Great job with the mix. I've got it dialled way up, and the walls are shaking in a quite agreeable fashion. Virus?

Good work :)

Thanks, Seismic!
seismic1 wrote:Virus?
Only one sound :) Mostly plugins - Lush-101, Tal-101, Rapid, Sylenth, Serum and Diva, maybe smth else I forgot.

Return to “Music Cafe”