One Synth Challenge #100: Lord of the Springs (Taron Wins!)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Welcome to the One Synth Challenge #100! It's a friendly music competition where you can win cool prizes but most importantly, meet amazing musicians, and learn a lot about mixing, sound design, and more! :)

Submissions will show up here (may be a long delay before showing up):
https://soundcloud.com/kvrosc/sets/one- ... e-100-lord

Want a chat room with other OSCers? Join our slack here

Lord of the Springs is a free win32/64 physically modeled synth made by long time OSCer Taron. From Taron's page: "LotS features 128 voices in form of constantly active spring systems, which a key hit stimulates as well as modwheel scrubbing!
As one might imagine, springs will generally create rather metallic sounds, which makes it ideal for complex glockenspiel sounds, xylophones, marimbas and so on, but the freedom granted by the features allows for a much greater variety of sounds from soft, dreamy pads to harsh percussion and other percussive sounds."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qiCElViz_Y

https://soundcloud.com/taronium/lordoft ... o03#t=0:13

Prizes:
(Would you like to be a sponsor / prize donor? Contact me via PM or go ahead and post your intended donation here! Get a cool mention on our donator wall of honor)

Special Note:
Ridan is offering a secondary prize (on top of the normal prize): any 1 of his soundsets. Mention the soundset you want, along with your other prize. If you would like your winning track on spotify, please specify so as well, or you will be contacted by rghvdberg.

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster One

Audio Thing : Outer Space (vintage tape echo plugin)

NUSofting : 1 Copy of Modelonia v2 Synthesizer

Dmitry Sches : Tantra Multi-Effect + 3 Expansions

Dmitry Sches : Diversion

KV331 Audio : Synthmaster

Touch The Universe Productions: LuSH-101 Cloud Layers soundset

The FXB Project by alvfaria : Any 3 commercial sound banks. See the main site here

Guda Audio : Euterpe XL

Wusik : 1 bundle of Wusik 8000, Wusik Station 8, and Wusik EVE v3

Abstract Cats Music : AbiTron Bank for Synthmaster

JRR Shop : UVI: Mello

satYatunes : One of any commercial product

Xenos Soundworks : Choice of any 1 product

Ghostwave Audio : Any two soundsets of Choice

Twolegs Toneworks : Any one soundset

The Unfinished : Any two soundsets of Choice

Rob Lee Music : A soundset for either: Sylenth1, Predator, Largo, Blofeld, PPGV3 or Dune

Luftrum : One soundset free of choice.

Ridan: Any one soundset as a secondary prize, on top of the regular prize.
haunting soundscapes, atmospheric chords, layered pads, anamorphic guitars,
brass and woodwind-esque, rhythmic/melodic sequences, and macabre sound effects.

Kreativ Sound: RAW Bundle
(RAW Bass, RAW Drums, RAW TranSID, RAW Textures)

Aiyn Zahev Sounds: Any 2 Soundsets of choice from the website (Uplifting Trance Presets)

Studio 13.37: Pro audio studio on a USB stick

Pooya Payvar (Stonail) : 1 custom made Max for [Ableton] Live: controller, midi or audio effect

Mulperi : 1 Soundbank of Choice

Dream Audio Tools : 1 Indie Fingers bundle (Indie Fingers volumes One and Two)

Bjulin : Inspire soundset for Zebra²

LeapIntoTheVoid : Enchantment Of Absynth Trilogy

Bluff Munkey - 2 soundsets of choice

Solidtrax : 1 Soundset of choice

Any other offers of prizes will be greatly appreciated. :hail: :hail: :hail:

Questions? Comments? Concerns? You want some love? Just post here in this thread :)

Want to try out your skills in other contests / competitions /challenges?
  • DiHalt Demoscene competitions
  • Indaba - Has a mix of popular and indie artists with various contests like remixing and song writing. Some people from OSC have had success here.
  • KVR Mix Challenge (see stickies) - Who can mix a song the best (Without adding extra recordings /musical additions)? Each person starts out with the same stems.
  • Music Cafe (KVR, see stickies) - A thematic monthly competition. Use recording, real instruments, synths and samples.
  • RemixComps - An aggregator for remix contests from a variety of artists and genres (mostly EDM) - indie and popular.
  • Skio Music Contests - Lots of remixes you can join (Mostly EDM) - big prizes.
  • Soundevotion (SDCOMPO) Competition - Even longer running than the OSC, the SDCOMPO is even more niche in that you must use a tracker, and set of specific effects. Great community.
Last edited by bjporter on Sun Jul 16, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Man, I know I said I was done with these but if my friend Taron has made a synth, there is no way I can pass this up.

I'm assuming we're going back to the original rules. Free FX only, etc.

Way to go Taron!
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

Ah, Taron's lil' gem finally! LotS of fun expected! :tu:

Cheers, Björn

Hi guys, long time, just want to say grats to OSC for reaching this landmark! :clap: :party:

I know it's technically been more than 100 OSCs, and the real 100th competition duly celebrated, but still..

Kudos to Brian and the community for keeping this going and in such a friendly and spirited way. Image

:wheee: ...well, I'm more in a duck'n'cover mode, but ready to serve, should things go sideways! :box:

I will make an introduction video, covering all the new features, too. Just about 20 minutes ago I posted the last update, adding pure NOISE as an option, if you crank the SPRING B's diffusion all the way to 1.0 (100%). This will help with SNARES and the likes.

A number of features I've added exclusively for us here so it can cover more ground for us. However, it's sole purpose used to be to be a rather specific little instrument. It's a wee bit more now! :hyper:

So, yeah, video and documentation will follow shortly. As well as a proper preset GUI, which is still missing, though you can load and save presets in its own format and fxp and fxb, as well! That means: no worries!

Well, I'm very, very excited to hear what you all will do with it, where you will take it and whether I'll get any sleep for the next few days/weeks, hehe. :borg:

Thanks, BJ, for your tremendous support, confidence and encouragement. Once I get to the "about" box, hahaha, you'll find yourself in there for sure! :hug:

Have fun, all, and don't hold back, if you need :help: !

And...already I had to update the presets, because I forgot to consider the NOISE addition... Well, if you download again, you should have proper presets for snare and tambourine. :oops:

Here's a little demo for the new noise and some of the new features:
https://soundcloud.com/taronium/lotsv2demo01/s-S1WHL

Absolutely PURE LotS, by the way, except for a limiter it uses no external effects, not even EQ (which probably makes a better excuse than an achievement, but well...) :phones:
Last edited by Taron on Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Great choice for the 100th OSC!
Taron wrote:ready to serve, should things go sideways!
Taron, I'd dearly have liked to play this brainchild of yours for months now had only Reaper found the .dll I stored in the usual folder. I run Reaper 5.40 on Ubuntu 16.04 via Wine and my faint hope that this issue would be resolved with your new version was not fulfilled. So if you could check into this I would be very glad. If it is too much of an effort please give me a small notice if you don't mind. If you need further help I will do everything I can.

Have a nice day, you all.
Ruedi

What happens if Taron wins his own Osc contest :hihi:
High Quality Soundsets for Lush-101 | Hive | Electra 2 | Diversion | Halion | Largo | Rapid | Dune II | Thorn | and more.

TTU Youtube

RuediRena wrote:Great choice for the 100th OSC!
Taron wrote:ready to serve, should things go sideways!
Taron, I'd dearly have liked to play this brainchild of yours for months now had only Reaper found the .dll I stored in the usual folder. I run Reaper 5.40 on Ubuntu 16.04 via Wine and my faint hope that this issue would be resolved with your new version was not fulfilled. So if you could check into this I would be very glad. If it is too much of an effort please give me a small notice if you don't mind. If you need further help I will do everything I can.

Have a nice day, you all.
Ruedi
Oh, Ruedi, I wouldn't know where to start, I'm afraid. I have no way of testing your situation, though, I have tried it on Reaper on win7 (64bit) without troubles. I'm assuming Wine might have troubles handling the graphics stuff? :shrug: ...I just can't tell. :neutral:

So...it just won't start up or what exactly is happening (if anything?!)?
Touch The Universe wrote:What happens if Taron wins his own Osc contest :hihi:
Well, fortunately I'm not exactly on a winning streak, hehe, but besides that...I wonder, if I should actually just support all of you instead of making a track myself, I don't know, yet. But it's hard to resist. Yet, you guys ROCK way too hard! 8) :tu:

Haha, I was just thinking it would be quite funny if that were to happen. By all means, I hope you do enter and come away win the win :D

Just make sure you are not working with your own super mega ultra version of the plugin :hihi:

TTU Youtube

What's mine is yours! :pray:

Great stuff Mr. T! :clap: :clap: Looking forward to creating some special doctorbob moments for you. :hihi: I have a few things in the pipeline. :party:

Any "requests"???

dB

The note offset sliders above the keys are great fun. Well done there, a unique sound for sure, good for keys. I might make a composition piece for this entry. One thing, is there a way to adjust the velocity amount?

TTU Youtube

:o
What an honor! :party: :clap: :clap:

Return to “Instruments”