Ruin | something a bit darker | Electronic

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This track came into existence while playing around with Reaktor 6 and some if it's Blocks ensembles (a birthday gift from my brother-in-law - I am to greedy to buy synths :-).

The track contains some heavy experimentation with Brainworx free subsynth and some of the free TAL Plugins.

There is also my first experiment with "vocals" in this song :-).

Well, the thing turned out to be quite dark and after reading todays news (the US leaving the Paris climate change agreement) it felt about right to release this track called "Ruin".

Feedback is very much appreciated!

cheers
Virtualex

http://soundcloud.com/virtualex_germany/ruin

well it sounds like you know what you are doing, however i can hear some sidechain stuff ducking everything on the kick
which imo always sounds unnatural and annoying. other than that, it was cool, esp the vocoder :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

I agree, the ducking could have been more subtle.
I liked it for what it was, but thought with more effort you could have made something more refined and deliberate. I can hear you have that potential.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Enjoyed this track. Lots of great sounds and well put together. Nice flow...
Like the last section the best.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

layzer wrote:well it sounds like you know what you are doing, however i can hear some sidechain stuff ducking everything on the kick
which imo always sounds unnatural and annoying. other than that, it was cool, esp the vocoder :tu:

Thanks for the comment!

I have been experimenting with the sidechaining for the last hour or so. I've been trying to achieve some better (less "dance") sidechaining for the kick using EQs instead of the compressor but that didn't work out too well.

I returned to the compressor but with much faster release times. Sounds a bit better now but I feel I will return to this "problem" very soon.

Concerning the vocoder stuff: THANK YOU! My wife just started to laugh when she first heard it :wink:

cheers

annode wrote:I agree, the ducking could have been more subtle.
I liked it for what it was, but thought with more effort you could have made something more refined and deliberate. I can hear you have that potential.
Looking forward to hearing more from you.
Thank you!

I'll keep working on it - hearing peoples opinion about a track often (I guess always?) helps to

a. motivate
b. inspire

so let's see where this leads :arrow:

cheers

Return to “Music Cafe”