Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Say Ahh

fastlanephil
KVRist
 
349 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Sun Jun 18, 2017 9:11 pm Say Ahh

I haven't posted a tune here for some time. Here's one from some months back. It has three parts, all in the same key. Traditionally referred to as a suite.


https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/say-ahhaif
User avatar
layzer
KVRAF
 
4658 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:05 am Re: Say Ahh

enjoyable chill track, nice drums and leads
drums go off sync at times to my ears, however

thanks for sharing
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
User avatar
Allomerus
KVRAF
 
1746 posts since 28 Aug, 2012, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby Allomerus; Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:10 am Re: Say Ahh

Great track to listen to after dinner and a very busy day.
The melodies at 3:40 remind me of melodies Maynard from Tool sings...
Well done!
:)
Allomerus.com
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.
User avatar
Frantz
KVRAF
 
4318 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Tue Jun 20, 2017 7:35 pm Re: Say Ahh

I thought it was great up to 2:50. It sounds like a lost 70s krautrock classic.

Things took a turn for the worse at 2:50 when the cheesy sounding drums with timing issues kicked in. IMO the music is also less interesting from here on out.
User avatar
Aloysius
KVRAF
 
20860 posts since 11 Aug, 2008, from a computer

Postby Aloysius; Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:27 pm Re: Say Ahh

Frantz wrote:...

Things took a turn for the worse at 2:50 when the cheesy sounding drums with timing issues kicked in. IMO the music is also less interesting from here on out.


+1

The first section is very enjoyable. The rest could be very good but seems more like a rough demo that's been tacked on to the end, to fill up time.
fastlanephil
KVRist
 
349 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Tue Jun 20, 2017 8:56 pm Re: Say Ahh

Newer Ver. Drums synced up better.


https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/say-ahh
fastlanephil
KVRist
 
349 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:06 pm Re: Say Ahh

layzer wrote:enjoyable chill track, nice drums and leads
drums go off sync at times to my ears, however

thanks for sharing


Glad you enjoyed it. The bass and snare was a kind of off sync from the hat and clap. I hope that was all that was screwed up on the drums. I uploaded a new ver.
fastlanephil
KVRist
 
349 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:30 pm Re: Say Ahh

Allomerus wrote:Great track to listen to after dinner and a very busy day.
The melodies at 3:40 remind me of melodies Maynard from Tool sings...
Well done!
:)


Thanks Allomerus!

I checked out Tool. The melodies on the last mov. were probably inspired by the seventies pop jazz that was used for TV series. The first mov. was kind of drawn out guitar blues runs over echoes of San Francisco psychedelica I guess. The second mov. sounds somewhat futuristic except for the typewriter and the spaghetti western guitar effect.
fastlanephil
KVRist
 
349 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:34 pm Re: Say Ahh

Frantz wrote:I thought it was great up to 2:50. It sounds like a lost 70s krautrock classic.

Things took a turn for the worse at 2:50 when the cheesy sounding drums with timing issues kicked in. IMO the music is also less interesting from here on out.


I'm happy you liked the first two movements. I think I corrected the drum sync.
fastlanephil
KVRist
 
349 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Tue Jun 20, 2017 9:41 pm Re: Say Ahh

Aloysius wrote:
Frantz wrote:...

Things took a turn for the worse at 2:50 when the cheesy sounding drums with timing issues kicked in. IMO the music is also less interesting from here on out.


+1

The first section is very enjoyable. The rest could be very good but seems more like a rough demo that's been tacked on to the end, to fill up time.


Thanks for commenting.
Jesse Gorter
KVRian
 
720 posts since 30 Nov, 2004

Postby Jesse Gorter; Wed Jun 21, 2017 8:34 am Re: Say Ahh

liking it ! it's original, definitely when the claps come in with the odd paced rhythm
User avatar
seismic1
KVRAF
 
8634 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sat Jun 24, 2017 5:14 pm Re: Say Ahh

I can definitely hear a strong TD influence on here. The first part sounds like something they might have played in the '70s as an intro to one of their sequencer-driven classics. The second part definitely reminds me of Dolphin Dance from the mid '80s. I can hear a few spots in part 3 where the drums seem to speed up and then slow down again.

Good work :)
User avatar
htcnext2
KVRist
 
82 posts since 3 Jul, 2017, from Austria

Postby htcnext2; Sat Jul 15, 2017 12:05 am Re: Say Ahh

Delightable track! Starts off as some kind of spaghetti western soundtrack and moves on to an easy listening tune. I like the harmonies in there. Good job.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe