Say Ahh

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I haven't posted a tune here for some time. Here's one from some months back. It has three parts, all in the same key. Traditionally referred to as a suite.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/say-ahhaif

enjoyable chill track, nice drums and leads
drums go off sync at times to my ears, however

thanks for sharing
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Great track to listen to after dinner and a very busy day.
The melodies at 3:40 remind me of melodies Maynard from Tool sings...
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

I thought it was great up to 2:50. It sounds like a lost 70s krautrock classic.

Things took a turn for the worse at 2:50 when the cheesy sounding drums with timing issues kicked in. IMO the music is also less interesting from here on out.

Frantz wrote:...

Things took a turn for the worse at 2:50 when the cheesy sounding drums with timing issues kicked in. IMO the music is also less interesting from here on out.
+1

The first section is very enjoyable. The rest could be very good but seems more like a rough demo that's been tacked on to the end, to fill up time.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Newer Ver. Drums synced up better.

https://soundcloud.com/fastlanephil/say-ahh

layzer wrote:enjoyable chill track, nice drums and leads
drums go off sync at times to my ears, however

thanks for sharing
Glad you enjoyed it. The bass and snare was a kind of off sync from the hat and clap. I hope that was all that was screwed up on the drums. I uploaded a new ver.

Allomerus wrote:Great track to listen to after dinner and a very busy day.
The melodies at 3:40 remind me of melodies Maynard from Tool sings...
Well done!
:)
Thanks Allomerus!

I checked out Tool. The melodies on the last mov. were probably inspired by the seventies pop jazz that was used for TV series. The first mov. was kind of drawn out guitar blues runs over echoes of San Francisco psychedelica I guess. The second mov. sounds somewhat futuristic except for the typewriter and the spaghetti western guitar effect.

Frantz wrote:I thought it was great up to 2:50. It sounds like a lost 70s krautrock classic.

I'm happy you liked the first two movements. I think I corrected the drum sync.

Aloysius wrote:
Frantz wrote:...

+1

The first section is very enjoyable. The rest could be very good but seems more like a rough demo that's been tacked on to the end, to fill up time.
Thanks for commenting.

liking it ! it's original, definitely when the claps come in with the odd paced rhythm

I can definitely hear a strong TD influence on here. The first part sounds like something they might have played in the '70s as an intro to one of their sequencer-driven classics. The second part definitely reminds me of Dolphin Dance from the mid '80s. I can hear a few spots in part 3 where the drums seem to speed up and then slow down again.

Good work :)

Delightable track! Starts off as some kind of spaghetti western soundtrack and moves on to an easy listening tune. I like the harmonies in there. Good job.

Return to “Music Cafe”