Desert Trail

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

hey folx

this track is actually the first one without featuring my favourite singer to work with.

I made this track to learn ableton live. live is great, but i still prefer to mix in logic... so i export all the tracks from live to mix in logic. a good thing about this is that I can clearly separate composing/arranging from mixing. The bad thing is that I sometimes have to go back to live to change a track and export it again ;)

https://soundcloud.com/cto-7/cto-desert-trail

check it out if you like and let me know what you think, i'll love to also feedback your work!
how would you call this genre?

Thanks!
Theo

Enjoyed it Theo.
I too prefer logic although I have tried ableton (sort of). I thought ableton was geared more to performance.
Well done!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

nice production and enjoyable sounds. especially the percussion. great job!
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:nice production and enjoyable sounds. especially the percussion. great job!
thanks layzer!
Allomerus wrote:Enjoyed it Theo.
I too prefer logic although I have tried ableton (sort of). I thought ableton was geared more to performance.
Well done!
:)
hey allomerus - i heard from a lot of friends how great ableton live is - but i didn't like it and tried many times.

but then I bought a push together with live and so I had to learn to handle it - and its a great piece of software!
thanks for your feedback!

The mix sounds good here. I especially noticed the spacial field.
What's going on in there? Are there acoustic/electric instruments and mics or samples/loops?
EDIT - never mind, I get it. :)
i heard from a lot of friends how great ableton live is - but i didn't like it and tried many times...but then I bought a push together with live and so I had to learn to handle it .
What happened between the time you didn't like it and the decision to buy it(w/Push) and have to handle it? I wouldn't buy software I repeated to dislike. Was Push bundled with Live-lite or something like that?
EDIT - listening to "She's Got That Sparkle". I remember that one when you posted it.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Theo,

This is one of those tunes that hits you like a brick,as it's so visceral in it's sonic majesty...amazing choice of instruments,executed perfectly in the composition...remarkable stereo field,with astounding FX and I just love where every VST sits in the mix...it's just so warm,vibrant and alive!
This tune would be perfect for a movie...such an evocative piece of music that really stirs up a super storm of emotions!
This is a brilliant masterpiece and it's a 5 star production in every respect...bravo!!
:o :D 8) :clap:

-Thom

Great mix, and the composition has enough little variations to keep it fresh throughout. It featuress a great blend of instruments and sounds. Nice chillout/triphop.

Good work :)

Return to “Music Cafe”