Difference in performance between hosting options?

Official support for: bitwig.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

What kind of differences are people getting? I just tried with a project with quite a lot of plugins and tracks, and the difference between "only as bit-bridge" and "each plugin" was not so big, altough in general it seemed that the "only as bit-bridge" might have been slightly faster.
Curiously I got the best performance from "32/64 bit", which was from 5% to 20% faster than either of the other options, when I was looking at the average load from the beginning of a tune until it stabilized.

Very interesting. I currently use the "each plugin" option and it doesn't seem very efficient. Similar projects (size and load-wise) on Studio One don't push my CPU nearly as much as Bitwig does. I'll try switching to the 32/64 option and see if that's better.

Some detailed documentation on this would be much appreciated.
Studio One 4, Bitwig Studio 3.1, KeyLab 49, NanoKontrol2, NanoPAD2, Audient iD14, JBL LSR 305, Sennheiser HD598 SE.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10, i7 6700.

I think this will also be somewhat plugin dependent, so everyone just has to choose the setup that works best for them. And of course it's nice to run stuff in separate processes even if it's slightly slower, just to prevent everything dying when one plugin crashes.

spacebar2012 wrote:Very interesting. I currently use the "each plugin" option and it doesn't seem very efficient. Similar projects (size and load-wise) on Studio One don't push my CPU nearly as much as Bitwig does. I'll try switching to the 32/64 option and see if that's better.

Well its sticky:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=450443

Taika-Kim wrote:I think this will also be somewhat plugin dependent, so everyone just has to choose the setup that works best for them. And of course it's nice to run stuff in separate processes even if it's slightly slower, just to prevent everything dying when one plugin crashes.
I think I now prefer "only as bit bridge", with certain plugins like Diva set to sandboxing. I'll see how this goes over the next few weeks. :)
Studio One 4, Bitwig Studio 3.1, KeyLab 49, NanoKontrol2, NanoPAD2, Audient iD14, JBL LSR 305, Sennheiser HD598 SE.
Windows 10, i7 6700.

codec17 wrote:
spacebar2012 wrote:Very interesting. I currently use the "each plugin" option and it doesn't seem very efficient. Similar projects (size and load-wise) on Studio One don't push my CPU nearly as much as Bitwig does. I'll try switching to the 32/64 option and see if that's better.

Well its sticky:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 9&t=450443
Thanks. I feel like a toddler now :dog:
Windows 10, i7 6700.

In my case, sandboxing hasn't been much needed, since none of the plugins I use regularily except Guitar Rig 5 almost never crash. Or maybe that's even never.

Return to “Bitwig”