Any opinions/experiences about DRC Synth (actual vstbuzz-deal)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

any opinions/experiences about this DRC Synth now offered by vstbuzz ? It has gone under my radar so far and first looks (I have downloaded demo and will test it but now I am at work and just curious) let me think about one of these app-playthings. I definitely would only need it as a regular pc desktop synth, so:

- sounds/presets/ease of use ?
- integrated midi functions (chords ?), are there of any use if you already have something like sundog or in waveform integrated midi pattern stuff ?

What makes me a little bit sceptical is that now the "great sale prize" is higher then the intro price when it started (25 €). So maybe just some final sale or is there really something going on with further devellopment ?

Thanks for any hint.

Looks like the price is a little higher now as its been developed further and there's two expansion packs included too.

I've heard great things about it before - think I'll take the plunge this time!

I'm using the android version. I really like the sound of this synthesizer and I have not yet found other really good synthesizers for android. But I'm not going to buy a desktop version for the following reasons:
1. I think the interface could be more convenient. I do not like the separation of its parts by tabs.
2. I have so many other good vst-synthesizers :)

As for the presets - they are of excellent quality, the developers have done an excellent job.

Hi,

thanks a lot for your opinions. I just tried the installation. Was not very happy about three !!! different version of visual c installed on my system during installation but as it wants me to restart my pc after installation, sorry, not for a simple vst. Now I am left with the 3 visual c installations (no uninstaller, at least I could not find one) unsure to uninstall manually cause I dont know if they have overwritten some existing versions needed by other apps.....

tatanka wrote:Hi,

thanks a lot for your opinions. I just tried the installation. Was not very happy about three !!! different version of visual c installed on my system during installation but as it wants me to restart my pc after installation, sorry, not for a simple vst. Now I am left with the 3 visual c installations (no uninstaller, at least I could not find one) unsure to uninstall manually cause I dont know if they have overwritten some existing versions needed by other apps.....
:o

I've not installed DRC but I've encountered a few VSTs recently that demand a new installation of Visual C, even when I have the most updated version! Three versions in one VSTi installation? Damn, that'd be a first for me. :lol:

tatanka wrote:Hi,

any opinions/experiences about this DRC Synth now offered by vstbuzz ? It has gone under my radar so far and first looks (I have downloaded demo and will test it but now I am at work and just curious) let me think about one of these app-playthings. I definitely would only need it as a regular pc desktop synth, so:

- sounds/presets/ease of use ?
- integrated midi functions (chords ?), are there of any use if you already have something like sundog or in waveform integrated midi pattern stuff ?

What makes me a little bit sceptical is that now the "great sale prize" is higher then the intro price when it started (25 €). So maybe just some final sale or is there really something going on with further devellopment ?

Thanks for any hint.
Hey, tatanka! Cool name! :tu:

I've had some dealings fairly recently with the dev's - they seem to be genuinely cool people; and conversations w/them cause me to believe that there is really something going on with DRC's further development. My $0.02, anyway.

-GA

Return to “Instruments”