Logic 10.3.2 is out!

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Logic Pro

“Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that."
-Martin Luther King Jr.

As usual awesome update

Just hope it fixes the library folder issue

More drummers are always appreciated. I like those things -- my ambient stuff doesn't use drums most of the time, but they make fun rhythmic gates for triggering melodies on the modular synth.

What a long list of changes!! :tu:

Very nice list of improvements. :tu:
And five new additive effects in Alchemy plus tune control for the noise :party:
Sounds and presets for UVI Falcon "Iterata X".
Bazille soundset - Crystalline Textures 3.

pdxindy wrote:What a long list of changes!! :tu:
Yes, no kidding! And across lots of different areas. Nice to see Alchemy getting so many enhancements as well. (Wish I could use it in Ableton ;) )

Even though I'm using Live for much of my stuff now, I'm really glad Apple seems to be taking logic seriously.
Last edited by p4tz3r on Wed Jul 19, 2017 3:34 am, edited 1 time in total.

Definitely the best value DAW out there these days with the continued generous updates.

Code: Select all

In the Arpeggiator, it is now possible to adjust the lengths of individual steps in the pattern grid.
Are you kidding me? :) That would have been saved for a paid upgrade in the past.

How is this a minor update? Oh, wasn't the last version 10.3.1? That makes it not even a minor update, but maintenance.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

medienhexer wrote:How is this a minor update? Oh, wasn't the last version 10.3.1? That makes it not even a minor update, but maintenance.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Software_versioning
Apple follows its own Logic ehm... logic :D
Finally, for me most important: Logic is not dead, it still gets improved.
Image stardustmedia - high end analog music services - murat

aMUSEd wrote:As usual awesome update

Just hope it fixes the library folder issue
Yay, this time it is fixed.

one issue that has finally been fixed (out of my observations so far) is that scrolling the main window during playback no longer causes cpu spikes on retina macs. and no sound distorsions on more busy projects then.

so, after all the time the X is present it has finally equalled the 9 in this aspect ;)

Looks like it might finally be possible to freeze track stacks, since it's now possible to bounce them in place apparently. The main thing I'm waiting for is a "patcher" functionality with signal split/merge options such as multibanding, mid/side/ etc like in Studio One

mrj1nx wrote:Looks like it might finally be possible to freeze track stacks, since it's now possible to bounce them in place apparently. The main thing I'm waiting for is a "patcher" functionality with signal split/merge options such as multibanding, mid/side/ etc like in Studio One
+1

medienhexer wrote:

Code: Select all

In the Arpeggiator, it is now possible to adjust the lengths of individual steps in the pattern grid.
Are you kidding me? :) That would have been saved for a paid upgrade in the past.

How is this a minor update? Oh, wasn't the last version 10.3.1? That makes it not even a minor update, but maintenance.
And there is so much good and useful stuff in there!!

Overall a really great update!

Is it just me or can you only switch Drummer personas via the Library Browser now?

I was kind of hoping for them to be continuing to update more of the internal FX GUIs, and more importantly, the instrument GUIs until all of them are as nice as the current ones, but I'm sure that's still in the cards for upcoming versions. Perhaps they have to share GUI designers with the other PRO apps and OS X...

Since the Logic team seems to be in full swing now, what I've been thinking about lately is an Automatic Oversampling at Export feature for all plug-ins and the mixing engine.

I would love to be recording and mixing at 192 kHz all the time, but that just isn't feasible. I think I read recently that 44.1/24 was the most common resolution in current productions.

And even though SOME 3rd party developers implement that option for their stuff, wouldn't it be nice if every recording was always rendered at the highest possible quality? Especially saturation effects can really benefit from that.
..off to play with my music toys - library music production.
http://www.FiveMinuteHippo.com

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”