new track - "Love Me, Kiss"

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hope it sounds ok. Just made it tonight so it's fresh.
EDIT - If you like it, I strongly advise you to take the download from the SC player...it will be .wav and sounds sooo much clearer. :)

Strangely enough, that melodic fragment is a close simulation of the 'spacelove / empathy' theme music from Star Trek...(as I remember it in my head.)
What hardware was used to make these notes in this above episode...and others...is a mystery to me, although I suspect the Stylophone or Novachord. I think I got pretty close though. Do you recognize it?
Also, in this episode, the woman, who happens to be an android, discovers she can feel intense love/lust for another, but sadly it will be her demise.
She actually says, "Love you, kiss", right before she and her creator / lover disintegrate themselves...but alas I felt "Love Me, Kiss" sounded better as a title.

https://soundcloud.com/annode-1/annode-love-me-kiss
Last edited by annode on Sun Jul 30, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
....................Don`t blame me for 'The Roots', I just live here. :x

Lots to like on here. From the exotic far-eastern atmosphere generated by the arpeggio at the beginning to the great vocal-like textures that join in after the first minute. It's a pleasant listen, with a slightly unsettling undercurrent.

Good work :)

Thank you for liking it and telling me so.
Listening in hindsight, a better rendering reveals itself in my minds ear.
I'll post a revised version before this post drops off the page...if anyone will hear it? :shrug:

That vocal was pretty cool. The lower female voice sounds like an Ensoniq Mirage sample, but it's actually a modified, free 'dedicated sample' VSTi player. There is a synth over that with an LFO modulated pitch up and down a few cents[700ms] and i'm also manually turning a filter up and down. Somehow this seems to have also modulated the female voice.[maybe because both are sharing a compressor?] Weird but really nice. The male voice is the same synth while i'm increasing the filter. By itself it is not voice-like, but mixed with the other stuff is sounds like a low male voice...again weird.

I'm glad it also conveyed an unsettling mood. That helps with the sci-fi theme of human and android love ending in dis-integration. :dog:

Love it, so pleasant. Thanks.
:tu:

accelerator wrote:Love it, so pleasant. Thanks.
:tu:
Thanks accelerator. You have excellent taste. :hihi:
I forgot to mention, this was created in real time using 'Chainer'.
I made two productions rendered to .wav then imported them into Nuendo2, my happy seqr. Then made automation, EQ and dynamics then out to T-Racks for EQ and some leveling.
The second production .wav had to be run with Kontakt in Nuendo and pitched down a few semitones to match the other production .wav pitch.

I usually start off opening Chainer[no seqr] and almost randomly choosing vst(i) to begin with. then I'll just work with it and built it as I go. I guess that's a good reason for the strangeness that comes out in the end. It's not a professional way to work, but who says I'm working? :party:

I enjoyed the mysterious atmosphere of this track. Calm with some hints of menace just below the surface.

Being a fan of the original Star Trek, I know you are talking about the episode called "What Are Little Girls Made Of?" The androids in this episode made a strong visual impression.

Are they operating early modular synthesizers? :ud:

Thanks Frantz, and for the SC 'like'. I like your impression. Something so perfect can undoubtedly come to problems. That's precisely why I never married. :tu:

Tid Bit - The female android above is Sherri Jackson, the oldest daughter from the old TV series 'Make Room for Daddy' (The Danny Thomas Show). I didn't come to this until yesterday. She does have a magnetic attraction. Much like a borderline chick will draw you in.

They do look like VST GUIs.

Return to “Music Cafe”