Convert Generic Editor Parameter Controls into Meta Data Controls (using right click)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would like to be able to convert controls dragged off the generic editor into a front panel into meta data controls, mainly because I cannot rename a control dragged from the generic editor.

I am currently making a front panel for my OPX VSTi but I don't want to have to manually make Meta Data controls for each of the generic controls (there are about 120 controls shown in the generic editor.

I wish I could right click on the generic control and choose 'convert to meta control' whereby the next available meta control was assigned to that function and put in place of the generic control.

Could this be implemented on a future version?
Just an idea anyway
Aka Midland Synthetics

Are you specifically after doing this after you've already dragged them onto the front panel? (i.e. assign generic control to meta parameter, replace front panel control for generic control with front panel control for meta parameter).

You can drag VST generic editor parameters onto Meta Parameters already, you know?
That shows the difference -- if you use the meta parameter, it gets a default name from the VST parameter -- but the range is not in the unit that the VST itself knows, so on the front panel, it displays as the percentage. The VST parameters on the front panel displays the value as the VST returns it. So, whilst you can edit the name of the meta parameter, you lose the "knowledge" of what the value means. (Remember, it could be mapped to multiple targets, so it doesn't make sense for it to have anything other than the generic percentage.)

That's great. Just tried it out. But its a little bit long winded, dragging the parameter up to the meta area at the top and then back down to the front panel. All I want to do it drag the generic to the front panel and right click > 'replace with meta' , would be quicker I think. No worries, I'll use the method you've illustrated. Thanks anyway.
Aka Midland Synthetics

Drag generic to front panel, right click, replace with next unassigned meta parameter
Drag generic to next unassigned meta parameter, drag meta parameter to front panel

Looks about the same. It's a neat idea for when you've not done it the way you should have but that's a bit of an edge case - planning ahead is a more general solution... :)

Return to “MUTOOLS”