Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New#KVRDeals

Float (Surging) | Ambient Electronic

Virtualex_HS
KVRer

22 posts since 29 Oct, 2015

Postby Virtualex_HS; Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:51 am Float (Surging) | Ambient Electronic

Hey there,

http://soundcloud.com/virtualex_germany/float-surging

I created this tune after the release of the Reaktor Blocks 1.3 Update (Kodiak Blocks) while experimenting with the new blocks and ensembles.

First I was aiming at some ambient sound but things got out of hand a bit ...

I am still not really sure if it is finished but I guess it is ready to take some criticism :-)

So as always I'd be happy if you could leave a comment on things I might improve.
:hyper:

Cheers :party:
Virtualex

As I personally am curious how people create their sound, here's some technical info:

I made use of all the new Reaktor Kodiak blocks and all the new (official) ensembles containing them :-) (if you are curious what they can do:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7mu1Me8fqFA )

In total there are

25 instances of Reaktor 6
23 of which are Blocks Ensembles
2 instances of the Metaphysical Function

1 instance of Spire
1 instance of Transistor Base
quite a few effecte / percussion samples
loads an loads of automation ;-)

Mastered using Izotope Ozone.

The whole production took quite some time cause the ensembles use so much cpu power. On my i7 3770k @4,2GHz I can render about 8-10 of the synth instances live. I had to sample all the others to be able to arrange them. Quite a pain if you want to tweak the automations again (which I do all the time).
Virtualex_HS
KVRer

22 posts since 29 Oct, 2015

Postby Virtualex_HS; Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:47 am Re: Float (Surging) | Ambient Electronic

Hey there,

after some (very welcome) critics from listeners elsewhere I decided to create a new mix of the track ...

- ambient intro cut by two minutes
- extended finale
- some more synth layers who play throughout the track to give it more coherence
- some very prominent synth sounds who maybe stuck out a little to much in the mix where toned down
- lots of minor tweaking ...

Give it a listen if you like :-)

cheers

http://soundcloud.com/virtualex_germany/float-rising
Montag
KVRist

51 posts since 4 Sep, 2016

Postby Montag; Sun Sep 03, 2017 1:27 am Re: Float (Surging) | Ambient Electronic

This would work really well with some big heavy drums on it too!
seismic1
KVRAF

8610 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:24 pm Re: Float (Surging) | Ambient Electronic

I've only listened to the first version. I liked it. The mix was good, and I liked the dynamics. It reminded me of TD in places.

Good work :)
fastlanephil
KVRist

336 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:47 pm Re: Float (Surging) | Ambient Electronic

Yeah, sounds good and a nice set of sound changes It sounds great for dance. It's not something I'd sit and listen to but maybe while running.

8 to 10 synth tracks! :o

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe