Maschine MK3 and Komplete Kontrol S61 MK2

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Some German site posted these, probably by accident because it got deleted quickly. But I managed to download the pictures:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Niiice!

Good to see buttons on the KK. Lets see if they found some common sense and are actually applying those buttons to macros for the patches, like Kore did, so we aren't using knobs for on/off type buttons in 2017. I doubt it though as they have remarkable stupidity in design the last few years.

Also interesting to see that the pitch and mod ribbons are gone, with normal ones now. Seems like the ribbons would have been cool. EDIT: Oh wait, like there is still one ribbon under the wheels.

It actually seems like there are a lot of Maschine functions on the kk like scene and pattern buttons so it must be able to control Maschine pretty well too.

Another thing I'm curious about is if they now have the ability to go directly to a page of macros, and don't expect people to press next/previous 16 times to get to page 16. In 2017. Again, a mind-blowingly stupid design.

The screen on the KK looks expensive, I would be it will go up in price.

For me it still doesn't has enough encoders to make editing soft synths fun, but maybe the new screen and UI implementation can make for it. I could be interested in the 88 version for master controller if they go with a better key action manufacturer than Fatar (Casio or KAwai would be great).
dedication to flying

rod_zero wrote:For me it still doesn't has enough encoders to make editing soft synths fun, but maybe the new screen and UI implementation can make for it.
Yes, 8 encoders are a bare minimum.
rod_zero wrote:I could be interested in the 88 version for master controller if they go with a better key action manufacturer than Fatar (Casio or KAwai would be great).
Me too! I guess it's really time to stop praising Fatar's hammered keybeds action, as they are often harsh and noisy.
In an ideal world, the next S88 MK2 would have a PHA-50 keybed, which won't happen for obvious reasons.

WolfKay wrote: In an ideal world, the next S88 MK2 would have a PHA-50 keybed, which won't happen for obvious reasons.
I tried the RD2000 in a store and was really impressed by the key action, it is really smooth, like a good acoustic grand.

And the velocity response was really great, compared to that the Nord Piano felt cheap and wrong.
dedication to flying

Those are some sexy looking new products.
GO NI!

rsp
sound sculptist

AUTO-ADMIN: Non-MP3, WAV, OGG, SoundCloud, YouTube, Vimeo, Twitter and Facebook links in this post have been protected automatically. Once the member reaches 5 posts the links will function as normal.
Proper pics..It has a soundcard finally!! :phones: https://m.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansic ... l-mk2.html (https://m.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansicht/preview-maschine-mk3-und-native-instruments-komplete-kontrol-mk2.html)
quality not quantity..

lifer wrote:Proper pics..It has a soundcard finally!! :phones: https://m.bonedo.de/artikel/einzelansic ... l-mk2.html
This part really caught my eye:
Mit der neuen Maschine-Software sind allerdings auch komplette Lock-State-Morphings aller (!) Parameter möglich.
I can't wait to see if it's Scene morphing (like Octatrack) or what. That's a very nice looking piece of hardware.

The Komplete Kontrol revision sounds like exactly what I've been hoping for - sounds like it will have more full control of Logic/etc. and VSTs, and also it's now bus powered. I've got a Nektar Panorama P49 but think I may sell it for this.

Reefius wrote:Some German site posted these, probably by accident because it got deleted quickly. But I managed to download the pictures:
OMG, yeah, totally accidental, just like with every single product coming out these days. :P Nice products, but, not a big fan of such "leak" marketing. Actually, i find it pretty ridiculous, TBH.

Hmmm. The MK3 looks pretty, but I'm unlikely to upgrade.

The audio interface is completely inadequate for my needs and is likely to go entirely unused. Putting the volume controls on the back was frankly a dumb move.

The new LCDs are pretty for certain. The dedicated buttons are probably a little bit helpful. The fancy encoder is nice, the touch strip may or may not be applicable to the way I use Maschine. The bigger pads are visually pleasing but I already felt like the MK2 pads were perfect.

I'm already questioning whether I should stick with Maschine as my DAW, given that I've changed my style of music and workflow so much. I use very little percussion now. Maybe I should look into Reaper, Bitwig etc. again.

Seriously been thinking of kicking NI to the curb for quite a while. And at the very least, stripping most of it off my system. A couple of things on these may make me reconsider. Maschine still needs to be able to do some hardware stand-alone live like Akai is doing now IMO, and the 'touch-strip' has me wondering if I can do the 'positional' tricks like I do on my old R70?

But then, I'm still left with the crap NI does as a company making it such a PITA that it has become in the last few months...

:shrug:

foosnark wrote:......
The audio interface is completely inadequate for my needs and is likely to go entirely unused. Putting the volume controls on the back was frankly a dumb move.
Not sure I agree with you there. As you may know Maschine has software volumes, (sounds, groups master outs) that are software controlled and still are..... the back is for headphones and main outs to your speakers etc...which you may not want to accidentally touch during a live show. maybe?
rsp
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by zvenx on Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sound sculptist

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”