Resisting Omnisphere 2

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Relatively seasoned producer, I have Ableton 9, the Komplete Suite, Razor, Machine, Sylenth, and a few other go-to Synths. I also have a cracked version of Omnisphere 1 that I bought from someone on Craigslist - didn't know it at the time! :dog:

I ran across the Output plugins Exhale, Rev, and Signal recently and they look like a great compliment to my current setup. But I keep reading Omnisphere 2 blows all these synths away. The thing is I didn't find Omnisphere 1 all that impressive (cracked version I know). But the online wisdom is to go with the updated Omnisphere 2, given it's near Universal acclaim. But with my existing setup wouldn't the Output synths be a better complement?? Is my resistance to Omnisphere 2 reasonable?? I don't want to buy both. I may end up buying just Exhale, that one looks particularly appealing. thoughts?
We're re-creating the universe in reverse.

Last edited by Vortifex on Sun Apr 14, 2019 8:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dude, you don't need anything. What do you think you can do in Omni that you can't in Ableton? It's a synth/sampler, that's it.

Vortifex wrote:My first thought is that I'm impressed you remembered your KVR login after almost 13 years.
It was actually easy to remember, passwords were so weak back then haha

Of course it's changed now

You don't need Omnisphere 2. What you currently have is good enough.

lastmessiah wrote:Dude, you don't need anything. What do you think you can do in Omni that you can't in Ableton? It's a synth/sampler, that's it.
Not trying to get Omni, just wanted to see if anyone would suggest I took a hard look at that given my current setup. Obviously your take is no. All good. What I'm looking for is something immediately inspiring without too much noodling. Certainly capable of doing that but ain't got time for that these days. Exhale seems to fit the bill, looks reasonable at $200. Maybe I'll get my feet wet with that first. Like i said I don't want to buy both, but I'm buying something this weekend dammit :hihi: probably tonight!

stevemc wrote:
lastmessiah wrote:Dude, you don't need anything. What do you think you can do in Omni that you can't in Ableton? It's a synth/sampler, that's it.
Not trying to get Omni, just wanted to see if anyone would suggest I took a hard look at that given my current setup. Obviously your take is no. All good. What I'm looking for is something immediately inspiring without too much noodling. Certainly capable of doing that but ain't got time for that these days. Exhale seems to fit the bill, looks reasonable at $200. Maybe I'll get my feet wet with that first. Like i said I don't want to buy both, but I'm buying something this weekend dammit :hihi: probably tonight

What you're really paying for with Omnisphere is the excellent sampled oscillator sources and the stellar presets. As a synth, it's equalled by many other options. If you just want a comparable plugin, you already have Absynth!

Everything that you need to know is in the title of the product, right? If you want everything, you need Omnisphere...2. Omnisphere version one was misnamed, it wasn't really everything, you know how marketing types are, but it was almost everything though! You probably couldn't tell this because your version was cracked, and as anyone knows, a cracked sphere is no sphere at all.

If you're half the man you think you are, you'll get out your credit card and buy it today.

stevemc wrote:
Not trying to get Omni, just wanted to see if anyone would suggest I took a hard look at that given my current setup. Obviously your take is no. All good. What I'm looking for is something immediately inspiring without too much noodling. Certainly capable of doing that but ain't got time for that these days. Exhale seems to fit the bill, looks reasonable at $200. Maybe I'll get my feet wet with that first. Like i said I don't want to buy both, but I'm buying something this weekend dammit :hihi: probably tonight!
Let me ask you a question. What is it that you'd like to be able to do that you can't do now with what you have?

wagtunes wrote:
stevemc wrote:
Let me ask you a question. What is it that you'd like to be able to do that you can't do now with what you have?
Cmon, isn't that obvious? Make bangers, that's what!

you don't need omni2. all you need is:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5ze_e4R9QY
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
stevemc wrote:
Okay, I'm gonna show how old and out of touch I am. What are bangers?

wagtunes wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
stevemc wrote:
The Urban Dictionary is your friend....you're welcome!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=banger

ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
ghettosynth wrote:
wagtunes wrote:
stevemc wrote:
The Urban Dictionary is your friend....you're welcome!

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=banger
Oh, so it's not a specific genre. It's just a general term for an awesome song.

I think in my day they called them "hits."

Return to “Instruments”