Fabfilter Subscription!!!

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi there,

lately I asked at fabfilter for a subscription/rent-to-own model...

This was the answer:
...We considered this payment method, but decided not to offer it for the moment. We might reconsider in the future if there's more demand for it!...
So, if there are more people like me, who want to see something like this from Fabfilter... then please demand, demand and again demand it :D

Btw, very nice reply and fast as lightning... thx very much Fab-Team :tu:

Fab filter is pricy but very good, and I agree that their support is just as good as the plugins. I don't own all Fabfilter stuff but many and the funny thing is that the more you own the more discount you get for the remaining plugins that you don't own.
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

I'm not sure how i would feel about a FabFilter Sub system. It depends on how they would Implement it really...

If they do it like Slate where it doesn't affect me, I have no problems with it. If they do it like Softube where they force you to use Gobbler for all things. Please God no!
rsp
sound sculptist

zvenx wrote:If they do it like Slate where it doesn't affect me, I have no problems with it. If they do it like Softube where they force you to use Gobbler for all things. Please God no!
rsp
How do you avoid using Gobbler with the Slate subscription?

And yeah, I would be happy to pester Fabfilter for this... though only a rent-to-own model ;)

andymcbain wrote:And yeah, I would be happy to pester Fabfilter for this... though only a rent-to-own model ;)
Then don´t let anyone stop you... 8)

As long as it doesn't become the only way to get FabFilter plugins. I personally hate forced subscription models and I'm sure I'm not alone
Facts are meaningless, you can use facts to prove anything that's even remotely true

Q: Subscription?

A: NO
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

Subscription is a big no!
You buy something and you own it.
Would never and will never pay for something that is based on subscription.
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

andymcbain wrote:
zvenx wrote:If they do it like Slate where it doesn't affect me, I have no problems with it. If they do it like Softube where they force you to use Gobbler for all things. Please God no!
rsp
How do you avoid using Gobbler with the Slate subscription?
I don't like subscriptions..... wouldn't be joining any.
What is nice about slate for me, the world is exactly the same as it was before slate offered the subscription option, that is I can buy slate plugins and used them as I did before.
hope that makes sense.
rsp
sound sculptist

colinssx wrote:As long as it doesn't become the only way to get FabFilter plugins. I personally hate forced subscription models and I'm sure I'm not alone
This.
rsp
sound sculptist

I don't rent plugins like I don't rent houses.

rsp
Softube are not forcing anyone to use Gobbler, you can still download the files yourself it's just a bit confusing on the site so it takes time to find it :oops:
"People are stupid" Gegard Mousasi.

I would only support this if it was a rent-to-own that you could pause and start at your leisure. Otherwise, I'm inclined to say no to a purely subscription-based model.

Return to “Effects”