Synthwave Attempt

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hello Friends,

Paradise - This is a simple down-tempo romantic melody (with few 80s elements) attempt from me.

Do give it a listen, when you can. TIA :tu:

https://soundcloud.com/baalisoda/paradise
Last edited by baalisoda on Mon Oct 02, 2017 3:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Interesting...your track has strong Synthwave, Synth Pop overtones. The melody reminds me of Italo Disco stuff from the 80s. Overall, I dig the mood. However, it kind of goes wrong with a few sounds, for example that muted sax sounds out of place for me, the sound itself and the melody.

But you have a strong Synthwave track in the making there. If you signal that in the thread title you might get more listens, since the 'romantic melody' bit could put people off.

By the way, I see you are from Tamil Nadu, I've been to Chennai recently. :D
http://www.electric-himalaya.com
VSTi and hardware synth sound design
3D/5D sound design since 2012

himalaya wrote:Interesting...your track has strong Synthwave, Synth Pop overtones. The melody reminds me of Italo Disco stuff from the 80s. Overall, I dig the mood. However, it kind of goes wrong with a few sounds, for example that muted sax sounds out of place for me, the sound itself and the melody.

But you have a strong Synthwave track in the making there. If you signal that in the thread title you might get more listens, since the 'romantic melody' bit could put people off.

By the way, I see you are from Tamil Nadu, I've been to Chennai recently. :D
Thank you so much for such detailed reply, mate. I will sure try to work on the suggestions that you have made. :tu:

Yes, i am from Tamilnadu. Glad to know that you have visited our state. :D

BTW, I am from the hottest (40+ temps for most parts of the year) place (Vellore) in Tamilnadu :scared:

himalaya wrote: that muted sax sounds out of place for me
yeah. for me too. hits a sour note :shrug: otherwise a nice bit of synthwave.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Return to “Music Cafe”