Elysian Fields (ElectroProg - Seismic Spiritualism)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

EDIT:20200219 - removed obsolete link

This one has been sitting on my F:\ drive in a state of near-completion, but was neglected due to other commitments. After over 3 months "out of action, it was nice to get back to the DAW for a while. I was able to record another track this weekend, which probably won't appear this year.

on SoundCloud:-

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/elysian-fields

Recorded/Mixed in EnergyXT2.7
Mastered in T-Racks CS

gizmos and gimmicks:-

AaltoCM
Axon
RedTron_SE
CM SR-202
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
Blue Cat Gain
Glitch2
UltraReverb
CSR Plate
T-Racks EQ PG
Audacity
Paulstretch
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 12
Last edited by seismic1 on Wed Feb 19, 2020 5:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.

... and seen here too :lol:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

I liked it. Something different!

It’s quite minimalistic but I think it maintains interest. I’d say it’s ambient although a little unsettling

This definitely has a mideastern feel to it. It pretty much stays on the same path but the path seems to become darker or more mysterious.

folderol wrote:... and seen here too :lol:
They seek him here, they seek him there,
Folderol, he's everywhere

Thanks very much for the listen and comments, Will. Much appreciated :)

ohhhhhhh noooooooooooooo...... not you too, Tim!!!!!!!!
you are the last person i thought would use that beaten dead horse of a drum loop!
ok so you changed up the note pattern and used different drum sounds, but i can still
tell its the amen break beat!

hehe, serious review later :hihi:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Gorgeous sounds and beautifully paced. The lead is sensational - great sounds and key!
Certainly evokes a calm spiritualism.
Cool work Tim!
:)
Bandcamp
Music with progressive intent.

fastlanephil wrote:I liked it. Something different!

It’s quite minimalistic but I think it maintains interest. I’d say it’s ambient although a little unsettling

This definitely has a mideastern feel to it. It pretty much stays on the same path but the path seems to become darker or more mysterious.
Thanks very much for listening and taking the time to comment, Phil. Glad you enjoyed it :)

"Unsettling" is probably about right here. The mideastern feel probably comes from the combination of those 'tron flutes and the tabla kit in the second half of the track.

The atmosphere here is Mostly Ghostly. You have created a safe space for spirits to drift. Great choice of sounds. Perfect mix. :phones:

I really like that very distant bassline that kicks in at 5:14. I think there is some unrealized funk potential here. Would it be disrespectful to dance among the ghosts?

As someone who prefers pop over ambient, I would like more melodic development and variation but I guess we can't have it all.

A fine effort from the F: drive. :tu:

Wow. Nice soundscape. Good composition and arrangement.
I liked the ambience and sounds.

great spooky atmo. the varied perc kept it chugging along and the fluty lead weaved it together well
also dug the bassline bumping against the beat. think ill go back for seconds ;) :tu:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

layzer wrote:ohhhhhhh noooooooooooooo...... not you too, Tim!!!!!!!!
you are the last person i thought would use that beaten dead horse of a drum loop!
ok so you changed up the note pattern and used different drum sounds, but i can still
tell its the amen break beat!

hehe, serious review later :hihi:
You almost had me there :D

Allomerus wrote:Gorgeous sounds and beautifully paced. The lead is sensational - great sounds and key!
Certainly evokes a calm spiritualism.
Cool work Tim!
:)
Thanks very much for the listen and the comments, John. Glad you enjoyed it :)

4 of the 5 tracks I have so far made this year (2 of which haven't yet been "released") feature Female vox from Sampletank. I guess those unearthly Simonds/St. John vocals on Ommadawn left a lasting impression on me.

The lead synth is a preset from AaltoCM.

Wow! Very expansive sound(I've got to learn to make my tracks more expansive), would make a great sound track! 10+ :)

Frantz wrote:The atmosphere here is Mostly Ghostly. You have created a safe space for spirits to drift. Great choice of sounds. Perfect mix. :phones:

I really like that very distant bassline that kicks in at 5:14. I think there is some unrealized funk potential here. Would it be disrespectful to dance among the ghosts?

As someone who prefers pop over ambient, I would like more melodic development and variation but I guess we can't have it all.

A fine effort from the F: drive. :tu:
Thanks very much for listening and for the great comments, Frantz. Glad you liked it :)

The sound choices were presets from various VSTis, sometimes with a little modification, often not. The most difficult part is achieving the right combination of sounds, but this has become a little easier over the last three years or so because I have a few sounds which I like using, and my recent tracks have become more "minimal" in style, so I'm using less of them. I think this also helps at mix-time. Having said that, I am planning a couple of more upbeat/techno style tracks for the near(ish) future, so it could be that a return to a "denser" sound may be approaching (at least temporarily)

Dancing among ghosts is not necessarily disrespectful, but I warned you about the consequences 4 years ago :lol:

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 10#5378010

Where does the time go?

markkuja wrote:Wow. Nice soundscape. Good composition and arrangement.
I liked the ambience and sounds.
Thank you very much for listening and commenting, Markku. Glad you enjoyed it :)

Return to “Music Cafe”