Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

Hezekiel
KVRist

190 posts since 12 Dec, 2011

Postby Hezekiel; Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:52 pm Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

Hi. I did this tune with different style. I hope you like it.

https://soundcloud.com/madrigal7/flying-in-the-ceiling
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

6708 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:22 pm Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

Sounds Like electro Schlager
The future is yesterday
Hezekiel
KVRist

Postby Hezekiel; Fri Oct 27, 2017 4:15 pm Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

[quote="VariKusBrainZ"]Sounds Like electro Schlager[/quote]
I haven't heard of such genre before. I hope it's a good thing. Thanks for commenting
layzer
KVRAF

4607 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sun Oct 29, 2017 3:47 am Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

this had a very "live" tone to it. your tunes are always catchy and pleasant :D
dug the vocoderish vox...only advice i can give is, yes this is Layzer himself saying this....
add some more loudness and bite to the mix with slight limiting on the master..... thanks for sharing ;)
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
Hezekiel
KVRist

Postby Hezekiel; Sun Oct 29, 2017 1:53 pm Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

[quote="layzer"]this had a very "live" tone to it. your tunes are always catchy and pleasant :D
dug the vocoderish vox...only advice i can give is, yes this is Layzer himself saying this....
add some more loudness and bite to the mix with slight limiting on the master..... thanks for sharing ;)[/quote]
Thank you for the good comment. I'm not very good at mixing but I try to follow your advice
seismic1
KVRAF

8604 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Tue Oct 31, 2017 4:47 pm Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

Those drums certainly have a "live" sound. You have chosen a good combination of sounds which all sit together well and don't seem to be causing any congestion problems. Nice job with the melodies and the structure of the song, which had a definite '80s vibe. I would have liked to hear a little more "air" on here. Did you have a low-pass filter on the master bus?

Good work :)
Frantz
KVRAF

4274 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Tue Oct 31, 2017 5:39 pm Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

Pleasant tune. It sounds like you EQ'ed out the deep bass and high frequencies. Perhaps use less EQ next time.
Hezekiel
KVRist

Postby Hezekiel; Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:58 am Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

[quote="seismic1"]Those drums certainly have a "live" sound. You have chosen a good combination of sounds which all sit together well and don't seem to be causing any congestion problems. Nice job with the melodies and the structure of the song, which had a definite '80s vibe. I would have liked to hear a little more "air" on here. Did you have a low-pass filter on the master bus?

Good work :)[/quote]
Sorry for delayed response.
Thank you for your comment. I used a drum vst. I didn't have low-pass filter there. I am lousy with mixing and I should spend more time improvising that too.
Hezekiel
KVRist

Postby Hezekiel; Thu Nov 02, 2017 9:05 am Re: Flying In The Sky, electro pop(I think)

[quote="Frantz"]Pleasant tune. It sounds like you EQ'ed out the deep bass and high frequencies. Perhaps use less EQ next time.[/quote]
Thank you. I need to learn more about mixing

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe