Login / Register  0 items | $0.00 New

Dawn's Early Light

biodiode
KVRist

259 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:30 pm Dawn's Early Light

Something slightly different from me this time as there is something missing, which normally frequents my tunes; well for some of the tune at least. However, as we travel towards the end of the week we take a break from the cosmic journeys and return to enjoy the dawn of morning's early light. Subtle undertones of the Berlin school baseline can be heard as the sun rises in the sky.

https://soundcloud.com/biodiode/dawns-early-light
folderol
KVRAF

4680 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Fri Nov 03, 2017 1:35 pm Re: Dawn's Early Light

Oh this is really, really REALLY nice :hyper: :party: :tu: :phones:
nuff sed
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
fastlanephil
KVRist

333 posts since 3 Jan, 2016

Postby fastlanephil; Fri Nov 03, 2017 2:13 pm Re: Dawn's Early Light

That was real relaxing and enjoyable! It kind of cleanes the emotional slate.

Some of those high notes at the beginning seemed a tad too loud but I’m listening with buds which accents the highs.
Chris Ramey
KVRer

10 posts since 5 Nov, 2017

Postby Chris Ramey; Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:04 pm Re: Dawn's Early Light

I love the beautiful simplicity of that chord progression. You've struck a nice balance between washy pads and sparse synth stuff. The way the progression changes halfway through is refreshing, without losing any of the original feel. Your synth lead has a nice "retro" feel to it. I also like how you waited almost 3 whole minutes before bringing the drums in, which were also a nice surprise without feeling even the slightest bit drastic or "bolted-on," so to speak.

Excellent work!
hyp
KVRist

55 posts since 15 Sep, 2007, from Kiel at the Baltic Sea

Postby hyp; Mon Nov 06, 2017 5:36 am Re: Dawn's Early Light

Sweet muzak.. For me too less contrasts within the mix, no hierarchies, everything playing at the same volume..
Well, can be considered as a "sea of tranquility" :) Just lacking more than 1 dimension (for me).
biodiode
KVRist

259 posts since 23 Sep, 2003, from UK

Postby biodiode; Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:38 pm Re: Dawn's Early Light

Thank you all for your comments and my apologies for not responding sooner, unfortunately, I didn't receive an e-mail notification for responses. I will take a look at those high notes at the beginning see what I can do to them.

Moderators: DrApostropheX, Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe