Login / Register 0 items | $0.00 New @ KVR
This forum is sponsored by
T-RackS Group Buy! Up to 5 free mixing and mastering processors!

T-RackS Group Buy

Easy-to-reach tiers, up to 5 free processors.

Mixing and mastering processors, including Lurssen Mastering Console.

Read more at www.ikmultimedia.com
Distorted Horizon
KVRian

941 posts since 17 Jan, 2017

Postby Distorted Horizon; Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:23 am Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

The topic itself is quite self explanatory.

I've been givin an eye to Meldas multiband convolution, but I've already bought Thorn and SM One this month so I don't have that extra 50€ atm :P

Any free alternative until I treat myself with Melda?
Harry_HH
KVRAF

2772 posts since 4 Aug, 2006, from Helsinki

Postby Harry_HH; Sun Nov 05, 2017 8:34 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

This one is free.
By adding $ 39 you get the Reverberate Core, which plays even true stereo IRs.

https://www.liquidsonics.com/software/reverberate-le/
sbj
KVRian

1084 posts since 17 Aug, 2012, from Old Zealand

Postby sbj; Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:39 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

Sound C loud
Band C amp
Not a perfectionist. Just very stubborn -Tipper-
Jafo
KVRAF

1814 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from The Benighted States of Trumpistan

Postby Jafo; Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:19 pm Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

+1 to SIR 1. I also like Ignite Amps' NadIR.
Joy and kindness are acts of resistance -- fight the power!
.jon
KVRAF

5480 posts since 8 Jul, 2002, from Helsinki

Postby .jon; Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:10 pm Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

Melda has 4 random plugins for half price every week, their "eternal madness" thingy. I got my MConvolutionMB that way, and it's a fantastic plugin if you like to get deep with convolution sound design.

Got so excited I forgot why I was posting: viewtopic.php?f=246&t=403082

Simple true-stereo capable plugin.
heyheycnv
KVRist

44 posts since 13 Dec, 2016

Postby heyheycnv; Sun Nov 05, 2017 1:49 pm Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

.jon wrote:Got so excited I forgot why I was posting: viewtopic.php?f=246&t=403082

Simple true-stereo capable plugin.

IRDust is great. Used it for years. Get it and enjoy.
REAVerb is also a great freebie for convolution reverb.
SIR1 gets another thumbs up.

I moved on to Fog Convolver because I liked the added options and ease of using/exploring/organizing many multiple libraries of impulses responses.
MogwaiBoy
KVRAF

2638 posts since 26 Nov, 2015, from Way Downunder

Postby MogwaiBoy; Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:27 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

Melda MConvolutionMB when it's on 50% off sale is great
ReverendLove
KVRist

79 posts since 3 Dec, 2009, from Cologne, Germany

Postby ReverendLove; Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:52 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

MogwaiBoy wrote:Melda MConvolutionMB when it's on 50% off sale is great

Well, actually is and I got it. For 25€ it is nearly a gift. Played around with it and it eats the other candidates for breakfast. :clown: cubase's own reverence and waves' IR-L look very poor now.
cprompt
KVRian

643 posts since 17 Nov, 2010, from UK

Postby cprompt; Mon Nov 06, 2017 1:28 pm Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

ReverendLove wrote:

Well, actually is and I got it. For 25€ it is nearly a gift. Played around with it and it eats the other candidates for breakfast. :clown: cubase's own reverence and waves' IR-L look very poor now.

So it is 50% off today. I've been playing around with it and for sure, it's very nice. I also have Waves IR-1/IR-L which I picked up in one of their sales over the summer which I do like a lot.

For an idiot like me, can you tell me why, other than the modulation and other effects, you think it puts the IR-1 to shame?
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7833 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:03 pm Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

cprompt wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:

So it is 50% off today. I've been playing around with it and for sure, it's very nice. I also have Waves IR-1/IR-L which I picked up in one of their sales over the summer which I do like a lot.

For an idiot like me, can you tell me why, other than the modulation and other effects, you think it puts the IR-1 to shame?

Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)
ATS
KVRAF

5579 posts since 20 Dec, 2002, from MD USA

Postby ATS; Mon Nov 06, 2017 4:38 pm Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

ReverendLove wrote:

IR-L is a great reverb.
cprompt
KVRian

643 posts since 17 Nov, 2010, from UK

Postby cprompt; Tue Nov 07, 2017 4:35 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

VariKusBrainZ wrote:Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)

IR-1 has crossover too.

ATS wrote:IR-L is a great reverb.

Yeah, I spent more time last night playing with the advanced features of IR-1 and whilst the Melda plugin is nice, it doesn't blow IR-1 out of the water by any stretch. IR-1 also takes less CPU. It's also easier to add my own IRs and make presets - "Load IR", "Save Preset", job done. I couldn't see an easy way of doing that in MConvolutionMB without adding paths to the config and whatnot.
VariKusBrainZ
KVRAF

7833 posts since 16 Dec, 2002

Postby VariKusBrainZ; Tue Nov 07, 2017 5:34 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

cprompt wrote:
VariKusBrainZ wrote:Have you investigated the crossover features which make the Melda multiband versions pretty unique, just a hint ;)

IR-1 has crossover too.

Not the same as Melda it doesnt, can you target bands by dynamic content, or effect transients and sustain separately?
Multicellular
KVRist

35 posts since 16 Oct, 2017, from Washington, D.C.

Postby Multicellular; Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:27 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

Reaverb (download with Reaper but is a vst can work in any DAW)

And get IRs from http://www.samplicity.com/bricasti-m7-i ... responses/

Top quality free* combo.

*I'm gathering from Reaper's purchase page that the Reaplugs are free, the DAW is what you are on your honor to pay for if you keep using it.
Current band http://www.foglings.com
Other music projects: http://www.multicellularmusic.com/
ReverendLove
KVRist

79 posts since 3 Dec, 2009, from Cologne, Germany

Postby ReverendLove; Tue Nov 07, 2017 6:38 am Re: Best free/cheap convolution reverb?

ATS wrote:
ReverendLove wrote:

IR-L is a great reverb.

Sure it ist. I like it a lot for its simplicity.
OTH the melda is obviously more sophisticated. At the end they all are ir-hosts and they give you back what you feed them.
But i really love the crossover options for panorama, the volume and the blending feature for two different IRs. The modulation possibilities are endless and so I get to a pseudo realistic or lively ambience much easier.
And for 25€ its a no brainer. You can't do that what MConvolutionMB can do with a free ir-host. And there are very good ones in the wild. I wonder why nobody mentioned freeverb3. Ok it's ugly but it can do true
stereo too and performs exactly.
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Effects