Removing projects from the Recent Projects list

Official support for: bitwig.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi,

is it possible yet, to remove projects from the Recent Projects list? It keeps getting bigger and bigger with no sign of letting up!

Cheers

I don´t know but it would be glad to know
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

+1
Music tech enthusiast
DAW, VST & hardware hoarder
My "music": https://soundcloud.com/antic604

A thousand times this.

+1

Only way I've found to do it (under windows) is a bit drastic, basically you need to reset Bitwig,
Delete everything except the the activation files in C:\Users\"user name"\AppData\Local\Bitwig Studio...

Or everything, you would just need to reactivate it in that case. Now, obviously this is not necessary, if you can determine which files its reading the recent projects list from. I gave up trying to locate it after about an hour of messing with it. There are some things in there that seem to have obvious functions.

I couldn't identify a single file that would clear the list, maybe you are adamant than me. I would think, you should be able to do it without losing too much.

-Cheers

*hint if you try it, make a dummy project and save it, so you can eliminate files based on modification time.

max is 42 projects... big deal
Last edited by connmach on Wed Nov 15, 2017 9:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

cb8rwh wrote:Hi,

is it possible yet, to remove projects from the Recent Projects list? It keeps getting bigger and bigger with no sign of letting up!

Cheers

A button which removes all non existing projects would be great!

+1

cb8rwh wrote:Hi,

Cheers

I always have bitwig, along with all my most used programs, on my taskbar and just use the jump list for opening projects.

Not much help to non windows users i admit or do macs or linux distros have anything similar?
Win 10 with Ryzen 5950x, Bitwig 5, too many plugins, Novation Circuit Mono Station and now a lovely Waldorf Blofeld.

+1
Greetings from Sweden
Per Boysen
http://www.perboysen.com
Dell i7Q 3,4 MHz 32 GB RAM. Acer ZenBook Flip. Ableton Push#1, Fractal Audio AxeFx2. EWI, Cello, Chapman Stick, Guitars, Alto Flute, Tenor Sax.

+1
RME Babyface Pro / Bitwig / Adam A7X / Elektron AR MKII / Novation Peak / Akai Force / Eurorack

Just a note, its actually nice to do what I said above to reset Bitwig occasionally, I just deleted everything in that folder and it fixed some issues I had had for a while. All your presets and whatnot are not contained in there and will not be lost. The only things you would lose (although, you can avoid losing this) is your smart collections. And you have to point Bitwig to your installed content location, mine was in my documents folder which I guess is not the default, so Bitwig wanted to reinstall everything. Once I set its location everything was hunky-dory.

Nyway, Just sayin...

And yes it clears the recent list... Oh, and just download the current version, and allow it to reinstall or repair.

Return to “Bitwig”