Lots of Soundtoys on the KVR market

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hey guys,

from a sound designers view, especially with a big focus on sound morphing, transformation and mangling and not musical composition, would you recommend the Soundtoys plugins?

I´m asking because I see a lot of people selling their Soundtoys licences here and this made me a bit reserved.

Any help appreciated!

Depends, Soundtoys are good but IMHO more focused on a few tools for mixing with character.

For sure there are better alternatives for each one of their plugins.

For what you are intending I would look into 2caudio Kaleidoscope, NI Replika XT, UVI Relayer, NI Molecular, Sugarbytes Multifx plugins, Eventide Harmonizer plugins and maybe some instruments like Izotope Iris, Padshop Pro or UVI Falcon.

Maybe even Modular synthesis can be useful for you, using sequencers and random generators for creating "non" musical sound design, check realtor blocks and Madrona labs Kaivo, aalto and virta.
dedication to flying

Im a user of Soundtoys 5 bundle and also i have mentioned plugins by Native Instruments and Soundtoys still win for me.

Echoboy, Crystalizer, little alter boy, decapitator, radiator and microshift are unchangeble. And with so many presets on effectrack you cant go wrong with ST5 bundle. Defo recommending.

Soundtoys are the best they have it all the options and the emulation, they are very fun to use. At least two of the Soundtoys devs used to work at Eventide and programed the H3000. The only effects I find are as good sounding and fun to use are Unfiltered Audio. Still have to go elsewhere for some effects Exponential Audio and Valhalla DSP for reverb.

I really love my soundtoys plugins, however for your purposes you should keep an eye on different plug ins from Melda (mxxx...) or the GRM tools.
And then there is also Reaktor with uncounted user ensembles & fx.

Said that, soundtoys plug in are never a bad addition, lots of vibe & mojo.

I think that what you see in the market place are people who might have bought the whole bundle but they might not use every plugin in the bundle, so they sell what they don't use. I got the bundle and I didn't sell any of them. I love these plugins because they are easy to work with, nice sounding and they look sexy to ;)
Win 10 -64bit, CPU i7-7700K, 32Gb, Focusrite 2i2, FL-studio 20, Studio One 4, Reason 10

enCiphered wrote:I´m asking because I see a lot of people selling their Soundtoys licences here and this made me a bit reserved.
If you see the Little versions, they're being sold because they were sold relatively inexpensively a few times for charity. If you see Tremolator and only Tremolater, it was given away as a freebie at one point.

If you see the entire bundle, the user may be trying to flip it since it is purchasable with a large discount depending on what plugins they already had, including the Little versions. If they got the Little versions in the last charity bundle, they may have secured another copy of the bundle, and thus make profit on other people.

i bought the bundle a while back, it sat in my plugin folder for a year or two mostly unused.
I wish the single plugins weren't so expensive, or I'd just buy the three I know I'd use all the time.
A few of them are just too heavy on the processor to load into an established project.

Thank you so much friends, I really appreciate the info!

If there is a demo version I´ll definitely try them out.

Jax Pok wrote:Soundtoys are the best they have it all the options and the emulation, they are very fun to use. At least two of the Soundtoys devs used to work at Eventide and programed the H3000..
They are quite Eventidish. A few of the presets for the effects rack remind me of sounds you can get from the Eventide space pedal.
Crystalizer is based on the Reverse shift algorithm from the H3000.

There's no need to be shy about it - Soundtoys is straight up outdated.

There's either an alternative that takes way less cpu, an alternative that doesn't alias like Reason, or an alternative that's much cheaper for the same level of sound quality minus the iLok.

Shame though, cool plugins, wish they'd do something about it.

acYm wrote:There's no need to be shy about it - Soundtoys is straight up outdated.

There's either an alternative that takes way less cpu, an alternative that doesn't alias like Reason, or an alternative that's much cheaper for the same level of sound quality minus the iLok.

I strongly disagree

acYm wrote:There's either an alternative that takes way less cpu, an alternative that doesn't alias like Reason, or an alternative that's much cheaper for the same level of sound quality minus the iLok.
Please list these alternatives that replicate all functionality and possibility to put into a native-saveable chain as per the Effect Rack that do not have any form of machine-based licensing.

The Soundtoys plugins are fantastic. Best bundle I ever bought. Do try them!
Tangled roots perplex her ways.

acYm wrote:There's no need to be shy about it - Soundtoys is straight up outdated.

It would appear that you have decided to avoid being both shy and correct.

Return to “Effects”