How to make bipolar knobs (meta-parameter)

Official support for: mutools.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

... in other words, how do I set the default value of a meta-parameter knob to 50%? The circle that goes around a knob indicating it's value in relation to it's base value is always at base 0%... :(

... also, it would be awesome if there was mouse double-click to reset knob to base value, since dbl-click isn't being used for numeric value entry either.

Liero wrote:... in other words, how do I set the default value of a meta-parameter knob to 50%? The circle that goes around a knob indicating it's value in relation to it's base value is always at base 0%... :(
The bipolar aspect cannot yet be defined by the user.
... also, it would be awesome if there was mouse double-click to reset knob to base value, since dbl-click isn't being used for numeric value entry either.
Double-click is used to edit meta-parameters.

It's tricky with meta-parameters, anyway.

I could have the same meta-parameter adjusting one module's Input Gain from -12dB to +3db. At the same time, the same meta-parameter could be adjusting an LFO's Frequency from 0.5Hz to 20Hz. (As it gets louder, the intensity of variance increases...)

There's already a problem with Meta-Parameters like this -- they pick up the unit of display from the first mapped target. So I see -12dB to -3dB on the knob I created as above. I'd prefer 0% to 100% in a case like that - it makes more sense.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

The obvious thing to do there is maybe map something like an 'inactive and unconnected' constant modulator knob to the metaparameter first, not ideal but it will work
Beauty is only skin deep,
Ugliness, however, goes right the way through

<accidental double post>
Last edited by Liero on Sun Nov 19, 2017 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mutools wrote: Double-click is used to edit meta-parameters.
When not in editing mode in the main panel - which is where I spend 99% of my time with MUX as I use it to wrap most of my plugins - it seems to do nothing?

Pljones: I think the obvious solution, as the whole concept of meta-parameters is to supply the user with a totally customizable knob, would be to allow setting the baseline value to whatever value percentage for every meta-parameter individually. This combined with double-click to reset would enable you to extremely quickly set a specific meta-param to any preset value. That would be immensely useful and improve at least my workflow _a lot_ as I rely heavily on MuTools and MUX on pretty much everything I do.

Does using a Constant Modulator knob on your front panel give you what you're after, then? They're bi-polar and, if you route through a Modulation Mapper, you can get control over the response curve, too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by pljones on Sun Nov 19, 2017 6:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

pljones wrote:Does using a Constant Modulator knob on your front panel give you what you're after, then? They're bi-polar and, if you route through a Modulation Mapper, you can get control over the response curve, too.
I'm in the process of finding that out :) thanks for the tip!

Return to “MUTOOLS”